Viewing sourcecode from .exe program

A total newbie, how can I view the source code if I only have the .exe program?

Comments

• : A total newbie, how can I view the source code if I only have the .exe program?
    :
    [blue]You can see only Assembly code from that program. Use disassembler to view the code.[/blue]
  • : : A total newbie, how can I view the source code if I only have the .exe program?
    : :
    : [blue]You can see only Assembly code from that program. Use disassembler to view the code.[/blue]
    :
    I can't see the .exe file code, just the program running, but your answer has set me on the right track. Anything else you can tell me would be useful. Thanks. :-)
  • : : : A total newbie, how can I view the source code if I only have the .exe program?
    : : :
    : : [blue]You can see only Assembly code from that program. Use disassembler to view the code.[/blue]
    : :
    : I can't see the .exe file code, just the program running, but your answer has set me on the right track. Anything else you can tell me would be useful. Thanks. :-)
    :
    [blue]You didn't ask any specifics, just wanted to see the code, so that's disassembler's work. Say, you saw a bunch of asm code - what are you going to do with it? Keep in mind that some programs are packed, so disassembler will print gibberish instead of real code. In that case you need to go step-by-step and see how the code will be unpacked.[/blue]