The message boards

Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???

It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....

Comments

• : Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???
    :
    : It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....
    :
    Yes I would love to see more than one reply at the same time!

But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.

If you got some time Tore...Think about it
    [hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

• : But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.

Why the hell? :P

• : : But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.
    :
    : Why the hell? :P
    :
    :
    :
    Because this is a programming site !! The forum should be programmed by the webmaster not vBulletin.
    [hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

• : Because this is a programming site !! The forum should be programmed by the webmaster not vBulletin.

Who cares?

Great. The forum is programmed by the webmaster, but i am not gonna use it a lot because of the interface.

Why always tring to recreate things? The PhpBB team have programmed a free and open-source forum.

I'm just wondering why a programming site(good, though) should not use a forum programmed by other programmers?

• : Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???
    :
    : It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....
    :

I know the current forum has some issues and a new one is actually under development, probably it will be deployed this summer I hope.

Why I don't use Vbulletin or PHPBB?

Because:

* I want it to be fully integrated into the rest of the site.
    * Same login as for the rest of the site.
    * Also its a security issue and I like to know the code I deploy on this site. As I have seen that other boards has had their security issues.

/WEBMASTER

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]