spawn always low on memory

[b][red]This message was edited by coder_man at 2006-3-26 10:7:44[/red][/b][hr]
I've got a very irritating problem and i dont know why?
The problem is with the the spawn functions like 'spawnl,spawnvd,etc'
which is used to run another programs('child processes') within your base program. PROVIDED :there is enough memory to run it.

However,whenever i use this function,it doesn't work and on checking for the error (using 'cerr()',usually),I found that it always returns :
'not enough memory',even when the program is very small e.g.

#include
void main(void)
{
cout<<"HELLO!":
}

even this above program also fails to be called using spawn func.
PLEASE HELP!
ALSO give me some advice on memory management while using Turbo C++
because whenever i tries to run a background program such as WindowsMediaPlayer OR NotePad or even try to open folders in my WINDOWS XP,it takes so much time that i need to quit it before it even started!

Comments

• >> Turbo C++

that explains it. 16-bit MS-DOS programs do not generally have enough memory to spawn other programs. The MS-DOS 6.X and earlier os gives the program all available memory when it starts. Use a modern 32-bit compiler and you will not have that problem.
  • : >> Turbo C++
    :
    : that explains it. 16-bit MS-DOS programs do not generally have enough memory to spawn other programs. The MS-DOS 6.X and earlier os gives the program all available memory when it starts. Use a modern 32-bit compiler and you will not have that problem.
    :
    AND where i can get a modern 32-bit compiler?

• : : >> Turbo C++
    : :
    : : that explains it. 16-bit MS-DOS programs do not generally have enough memory to spawn other programs. The MS-DOS 6.X and earlier os gives the program all available memory when it starts. Use a modern 32-bit compiler and you will not have that problem.
    : :
    : AND where i can get a modern 32-bit compiler?
    :
    :

there are at least free ones. www.bloodshed.net is a popular one. Also Microsoft is still giving away free its VS 2005 Express -- search www.microsoft.com and you will find it.