I found that Qbasic is more difficult than Python

ok so i downloaded Qbasic first i started it. then im like shit its in dos(i dont like dos for some reason) but i opened the tutorial and it wasnt clear at all.

then i downloaded python i looked it had MANY tutorials most people say that python is their FAVORITE language because its easy too learn and more powerful i hope this gives people who have no idea of what programming is where to start as for me i only started learning it yesterday and i alreay know how to build the most basic programs!!!

Comments

• : ok so i downloaded Qbasic first i started it. then im like shit its in dos(i dont like dos for some reason) but i opened the tutorial and it wasnt clear at all.
    :
    : then i downloaded python i looked it had MANY tutorials most people say that python is their FAVORITE language because its easy too learn and more powerful
    [blue]
    Have you only speaked to python programmers?
    Most people I've asked says C++ or Java.[/blue]

i hope this gives people who have no idea of what programming is where to start as for me i only started learning it yesterday and i alreay know how to build the most basic programs!!!
    :

[blue]
    But are you sure you know how to program when you have programmed only a day. It sounds more like you're a hacker, hacking pieces of code together.[/blue]
  • : : ok so i downloaded Qbasic first i started it. then im like shit its in dos(i dont like dos for some reason) but i opened the tutorial and it wasnt clear at all.
    : :
    : : then i downloaded python i looked it had MANY tutorials most people say that python is their FAVORITE language because its easy too learn and more powerful
    : [blue]
    : Have you only speaked to python programmers?
    : Most people I've asked says C++ or Java.[/blue]
    :
    : i hope this gives people who have no idea of what programming is where to start as for me i only started learning it yesterday and i alreay know how to build the most basic programs!!!
    :
    : [blue]
    : But are you sure you know how to program when you have programmed only a day. It sounds more like you're a hacker, hacking pieces of code together.[/blue]
    :
    ofcourse im not a hacker but i want to be:D i told u it only gives an idea for people who have never programmed b4 where to start (like me).
    i am still learning but its the easiest language to learn that i ave seen on the net. because i have tons of books on c/c++, java, web masters etc. and i just downloaded one from the net about python i cant belive how easy it is to learn. also im not one who talked to C++/c ppl one other person who wrote book did talk to everyone.
  • : : : ok so i downloaded Qbasic first i started it. then im like shit its in dos(i dont like dos for some reason) but i opened the tutorial and it wasnt clear at all.
    : : :
    : : : then i downloaded python i looked it had MANY tutorials most people say that python is their FAVORITE language because its easy too learn and more powerful
    : : [blue]
    : : Have you only speaked to python programmers?
    : : Most people I've asked says C++ or Java.[/blue]
    : : i hope this gives people who have no idea of what programming is where to start as for me i only started learning it yesterday and i alreay know how to build the most basic programs!!!
    : : :
    : : [blue]
    : : But are you sure you know how to program when you have programmed only a day. It sounds more like you're a hacker, hacking pieces of code together.[/blue]
    : ofcourse im not a hacker but i want to be:D i told u it only gives an idea for people who have never programmed b4 where to start (like me).
    : i am still learning but its the easiest language to learn that i ave seen on the net. because i have tons of books on c/c++, java, web masters etc. and i just downloaded one from the net about python i cant belive how easy it is to learn. also im not one who talked to C++/c ppl one other person who wrote book did talk to everyone.
    :

By hacker, hacking peices of code together, I mean a person who takes a little code from one place and a little more from another and then merges them. Like a scripter...

If you have programmer before in other languages I can understand that you learned qbasic in a day, but if you haven't, you can't be a programmer in a day. I don't even know if it is possible to be one in qbasic...

A programmer isn't a person who makes programs, its a person who thinks in programming problems in a programming way. It takes years to learn that, restrucering your mind is a hard buissiness. I was grown up with it, and it took me five years to be a real programmer (when I picked up the asm way in a week).

Happy coding wishes
    the one and only
    [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• I am learning 3 languages this year(PHP+SQL+Visual Basic), and linux!! last semester i took on JScript and HTML, I have programmed in MS BASIC, Q-Basic, and Pascal in High School.

I don't claim to be a pundit, but I have looked at python. It is pretty powerful, yet it lacks in functionality and stability. Fun is a description for python, but developing a "REAL" application is not a day project. Good luck porting anything from python.

You're enthusiasm is awesome, keep it up, and see where it leads you.
    :
    : A programmer isn't a person who makes programs, its a person who thinks in programming problems in a programming way. It takes years to learn that, restrucering your mind is a hard buissiness. I was grown up with it, and it took me five years to be a real programmer (when I picked up the asm way in a week).
    :
    : Happy coding wishes
    : the one and only
    : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :

• Well, I agree with IDK. It takes time to be a programmer and real programmer does not peice code together but decides what they want the program to do and make it work. Then they chew it up to make it work better and faster and become more reliable. Then they chew it some more to make it user friendly and even a lil more if they want to share their code with other developers. PYTHON is NOT THE ANSWER. Go ahead and pretend to be a programmer with simple tasks and you might call yourself a web developer because you know HTML. WRONG. That's like saying you can type so your a pro at using Microsoft word. I know all this may still be greek to somone but imagine it like this. Python has many functions and features that allow you to mold a nice lil program but can you develop it and is it flexible with todays technology. I mean, programming tools are always here and getting better and better to the point to which programmers now have lil work to do. But that dosn't change the fact that we can't still edit every angle of our programms to make even the slightest pixel or mouse click effect our programs in a way that we prefer it to act. Try doing this in Python and you might realize that your far too limited. And I know VB lost the war and is now a managed language itself, but it's still 2nd most reliable and powerful language in the world. Not to mention the .NET framework, which pretty much converted VB into a manged langueged, is very flexible and should almost be considered un-maganaged library resources. You basically can take control of windows in any way possible through the language. This is of course in respect of the operating system. Windows knows if your out to enhance and make good use of it or destroy it. Then again, there are even mischievous ways around that but I don't hack or write viruses so don't ask for help if that's your inentions. I can, however; make windows a program to do anything I want including changing the way it performs altogether, and all with VB 2005. Maybe I switch off to a few C# or C++ .dll's to get some things done but that's because the un-managed code in windows is written with those. Basically thoughy, don't worry, .NET library makes all languages equal. Well, the MS languages that is: VB, C#, C++, J# for starters. Not to mention the best web development system I've ever seen and thank them for making this a lot easier. It's rediculous how it used to be just to talk online.
  • I can respect what you are saying here; know what is the most important thing about programming, originality. Python is the loser end of a hack, since it pieces togather the protocalls of the internet. I am no wiz, however I know good code when I see it. Do not doubt the fact that there are open source fanatics that believe it will be handed to them. I believe if you want good code, you moused write and develope it.

Thank you for reading,

Russ

[green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss