RF connected to RS232

Hi all expert,

Can we connect a RF transceiver to our PC RS232 port and to display what is receive and send what is required thur RF?

The main purpose is, i had a few RF control switches at home that is controlled by my e-Lite controller. The only thing i know is that it is 433.92MHz frequency. I want to use my computer to control the lighting switches also by my own program therefore i need to know what code my controller send to my switches. So that i can write a program to on.off my switch.

May i know what type of format does RF controller send? Anyone can help me PLS....any good links for me to follow. Thanks a lot

Comments

• : Hi all expert,
    :
    : Can we connect a RF transceiver to our PC RS232 port and to display what is receive and send what is required thur RF?

[blue]Yes, probably. Does it have an RS-232 tranceiver on it or do you get UART (5V) signals?[/blue]

: The main purpose is, i had a few RF control switches at home that is controlled by my e-Lite controller. The only thing i know is that it is 433.92MHz frequency. I want to use my computer to control the lighting switches also by my own program therefore i need to know what code my controller send to my switches. So that i can write a program to on.off my switch.
    :
    : May i know what type of format does RF controller send? Anyone can help me PLS....any good links for me to follow. Thanks a lot

[blue]There is no standard for it. You need to check the data sheet.
    [/blue]
  • : : Hi all expert,
    : :
    : : Can we connect a RF transceiver to our PC RS232 port and to display what is receive and send what is required thur RF?
    :
    : [blue]Yes, probably. Does it have an RS-232 tranceiver on it or do you get UART (5V) signals?[/blue]
    :
    :
    : : The main purpose is, i had a few RF control switches at home that is controlled by my e-Lite controller. The only thing i know is that it is 433.92MHz frequency. I want to use my computer to control the lighting switches also by my own program therefore i need to know what code my controller send to my switches. So that i can write a program to on.off my switch.
    : : May i know what type of format does RF controller send? Anyone can help me PLS....any good links for me to follow. Thanks a lot
    :
    : [blue]There is no standard for it. You need to check the data sheet.
    : [/blue]
    :
    Hi, what if there is no data sheet avaliable? Is it still possible to detect the RF signal generated by my controller so that i can copy the signal and generate out by my computer???

• : : : Hi all expert,
    : : :
    : : : Can we connect a RF transceiver to our PC RS232 port and to display what is receive and send what is required thur RF?
    : : [blue]Yes, probably. Does it have an RS-232 tranceiver on it or do you get UART (5V) signals?[/blue]
    : : : The main purpose is, i had a few RF control switches at home that is controlled by my e-Lite controller. The only thing i know is that it is 433.92MHz frequency. I want to use my computer to control the lighting switches also by my own program therefore i need to know what code my controller send to my switches. So that i can write a program to on.off my switch.
    : : :
    : : : May i know what type of format does RF controller send? Anyone can help me PLS....any good links for me to follow. Thanks a lot
    : : [blue]There is no standard for it. You need to check the data sheet.
    : : [/blue]
    : Hi, what if there is no data sheet avaliable? Is it still possible to detect the RF signal generated by my controller so that i can copy the signal and generate out by my computer???
    :

You mean making an RF listener on the same frequency? Yes, it is possible. Hopefully it is using a digital signal. But you need to know the protocol and encoding of the data. It is way easier to just throw that RF device away and buy some new devices with documentation. There are for example plenty of cheap Bluetooth modules/boards.