windows.h in C++ 2005

hi,
iv bin programming in C++ intermittently for a while...i have some programs in C++ 6 which use #include or #include ... they use it to perform console based operation such as clearing the screen, moving to a given console position, etc...im trying out the new C++ express edition for visual studio 2005, but when i move these programs across they come up with the error cannot...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows': No such file or directory

i checked the include directory and i found that windows.h doesn't exist...does anybody know what replaced windows.h or where i can find information relating to changing this code to make it work now...

i can provide the source code if anyone wants to fix it for me, but i would preferrably like to know how to fix it myself...

thanx in advance

Comments

• : hi,
    : iv bin programming in C++ intermittently for a while...i have some programs in C++ 6 which use #include or #include ... they use it to perform console based operation such as clearing the screen, moving to a given console position, etc...im trying out the new C++ express edition for visual studio 2005, but when i move these programs across they come up with the error cannot...
    :
    : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows': No such file or directory
    :
    : i checked the include directory and i found that windows.h doesn't exist...does anybody know what replaced windows.h or where i can find information relating to changing this code to make it work now...
    :
    : i can provide the source code if anyone wants to fix it for me, but i would preferrably like to know how to fix it myself...
    :
    : thanx in advance

I run VS 2005 and found windows.h in the following folder:
    [b]Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCPlatformSDKInclude[/b]

Although I mainly use C#, I made a VC++ project and noticed the #include "stdafx.h" in the source-files. That probably assures all the necessary includes.
    My project compiles fine.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    http://www.gvh-maatwerk.nl

• you need to install the Windows Platform SDK. See the link posted on this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualC/default.aspx. There are instructions to show how to manually set up VC++ 2005 express after you download the SDK.