please help java hardware info

[b][red]This message was edited by ssalex at 2006-6-6 16:8:36[/red][/b][hr]
i need to find some info about the hardware
there are any classes that can access the hardware and read serial numbers, models, vendors etc???

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by ssalex at 2006-6-6 16:8:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : i need to find some info about the hardware
    : there are any classes that can access the hardware and read serial numbers, models, vendors etc???
    :
    :
    :
    There might be proprietory classes created by Java interpreting chips (such as ARM's Jazelle architecture) which can do that, but for x86 based chips there are no such classes. This is because Java doesn't natively run on those machines and the JVM shields the undelying hardware from code which could be harmful to the PC.
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by ssalex at 2006-6-6 16:8:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : : i need to find some info about the hardware
    : : there are any classes that can access the hardware and read serial numbers, models, vendors etc???
    : :
    : There might be proprietory classes created by Java interpreting chips (such as ARM's Jazelle architecture) which can do that, but for x86 based chips there are no such classes. This is because Java doesn't natively run on those machines and the JVM shields the undelying hardware from code which could be harmful to the PC.
    :

ok...thank you...
  • : [b][red]This message was edited by ssalex at 2006-6-6 16:8:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : i need to find some info about the hardware
    : there are any classes that can access the hardware and read serial numbers, models, vendors etc???

You have to call the respecitve native operating system APIs by writing some JNI code in C or using a JNI proxy such as http://www.excelsior-usa.com/xfunction.html