Displaying last modified date and time of file

Hi,

I am currently using Access 2003 and embedding a database into vb.net 2003. I would like to be able to display the time that the articular access file was last modified on the form, anybody any idea how to do this.

Also anybody any clue how to display teh ip address of the computer that is using the application in the form window as well.

Thanks Leon

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I am currently using Access 2003 and embedding a database into vb.net 2003. I would like to be able to display the time that the articular access file was last modified on the form, anybody any idea how to do this.
    :
    : Also anybody any clue how to display teh ip address of the computer that is using the application in the form window as well.
    :
    : Thanks Leon
    :

you can use the file-system-object

add a reference to the "microsoft scripting runtime" DLL -[c:windowssystem32scrrun.dll]

the code is too long to post here, i could email a sample
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I am currently using Access 2003 and embedding a database into vb.net 2003. I would like to be able to display the time that the articular access file was last modified on the form, anybody any idea how to do this.
    : : Also anybody any clue how to display teh ip address of the computer that is using the application in the form window as well.
    : : Thanks Leon
    :
    : you can use the file-system-object
    :
    : add a reference to the "microsoft scripting runtime" DLL -[c:windowssystem32scrrun.dll]
    :
    : the code is too long to post here, i could email a sample
    :

if you could email me the code that would be brilliant

[email protected]
  • Couldn't you use the System.IO namespace?
    For an application I made called File Attribute Editor, it makes heavy use of the System.IO.File / System.IO.FileAttributes namespace(s).

For an example:

Private Sub Button1_Click ()
    TextBox3.Text = System.IO.File.GetCreationTime()
    End Sub
    ----------
    Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!
    ----------
    http://www.graalonline.com
    Get started today!