Making 2D animation software

Hi everyone. I'm planning to make a simple 2D animation software on Visual Basic 6, but I've got no idea where to start from. The idea is that the user will draw each frame for the animation. Then, the software will play all the frames at about 24 fps (frames per second). I've never made anything related to graphics..not even a simple drawing program like MSPaint. So, I've got no idea how I'm gonna make it or which controls I would need. I'd really appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,
Ashish D.

Comments

• : Hi everyone. I'm planning to make a simple 2D animation software on Visual Basic 6, but I've got no idea where to start from. The idea is that the user will draw each frame for the animation. Then, the software will play all the frames at about 24 fps (frames per second). I've never made anything related to graphics..not even a simple drawing program like MSPaint. So, I've got no idea how I'm gonna make it or which controls I would need. I'd really appreciate anyone's help.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Ashish D.
    :
    The best to do that - do not use VB. It's quite weak for that kind of programming
  • If you know all the secret api functions you could come up w/ something faster than what VB has out of the box.

If you do use VB, I would recommend using Direct-x sdk w/ it. That way, you can get the desired FPS.

: : Hi everyone. I'm planning to make a simple 2D animation software

on Visual Basic 6, but I've got no idea where to start from. The idea is that the user will draw each frame for the animation. Then, the software will play all the frames at about 24 fps (frames per second). I've never made anything related to graphics..not even a simple drawing program like MSPaint. So, I've got no idea how I'm gonna make it or which controls I would need. I'd really appreciate anyone's help.
    : :
    : : Thanks,
    : : Ashish D.
    : The best to do that - do not use VB. It's quite weak for that kind of programming
    :

• Thanks..I'll try to get more information about the things you just mentioned.

: If you know all the secret api functions you could come up w/ something faster than what VB has out of the box.
    :
    : If you do use VB, I would recommend using Direct-x sdk w/ it. That way, you can get the desired FPS.
    :
    :
    : : : Hi everyone. I'm planning to make a simple 2D animation software
    :
    : on Visual Basic 6, but I've got no idea where to start from. The idea is that the user will draw each frame for the animation. Then, the software will play all the frames at about 24 fps (frames per second). I've never made anything related to graphics..not even a simple drawing program like MSPaint. So, I've got no idea how I'm gonna make it or which controls I would need. I'd really appreciate anyone's help.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : Ashish D.
    : : :
    : : The best to do that - do not use VB. It's quite weak for that kind of programming
    :
    :