I am wondering if anyone knows good code that implements the Windows Explorer selection mechanism (for a DataGrid or HTML table). I know the basics of assigning attributes to DataGrid rows (eg. objDataGrid.Rows(index).Attributes("onclick")) which applies to HTML tables. But wondering if there's a good technique to do, for example:
1. Left-click on file/row to select it.
2. Left-click on a different file/row to select it, reseting previous selections.
3. Hold down CTRL + left-click on different files/rows to multiple select, thus retaining all selections during CTRL key is down.
4. Hold down SHIFT + left-click on different file/row and all files/rows between first left-click and second left-click + SHIFT key are selected.
5. Right-click on one of the selected files/rows brings up a context menu.
6. Right-click on a non-selected file/row selects it, deselects all others, and brings up context menu.
I have googled around and there are many examples, especially using the IE's onContextMenu event. However I still haven't found any code/library which does all 6 of the above (all-in-one). I am looking for something which is cross-browser too.
Anyone seen such a code/library that does the above 6?