new to VB

Hi all!!

I'm writing a program in Visual Basic 2005 (in Visual Studio 2005) to send files across the internet. The receiver is helping by providing some code and says I need to 'Add "Microsoft Internet Transfer control" Component on the UI named "Inet1"' Ive looked in the section called 'add component' and I dont see this component. I've looked all over and cant find anything.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Comments

• : Hi all!!
    :
    : I'm writing a program in Visual Basic 2005 (in Visual Studio 2005) to send files across the internet. The receiver is helping by providing some code and says I need to 'Add "Microsoft Internet Transfer control" Component on the UI named "Inet1"' Ive looked in the section called 'add component' and I dont see this component. I've looked all over and cant find anything.
    :
    : Any ideas??
    :
    : Thanks!
    :

Hi

In Visual Basic Go to Projects -> Components. In that select Microsoft Internet Traansfer Control 6.0. Select that. U wil get that component worked.
  • : :
    :
    : Hi
    :
    : In Visual Basic Go to Projects -> Components. In that select Microsoft Internet Traansfer Control 6.0. Select that. U wil get that component worked.
    :

I dont see that particular component there. There is a section called "add reference' and there is something listed there called Microsoft Internet Control. Is that the same thing?

Thanks for your help!
  • Yes try that ... adding a reference will then add the controls to the list.

: : :
    : :
    : : Hi
    : : In Visual Basic Go to Projects -> Components. In that select Microsoft Internet Traansfer Control 6.0. Select that. U wil get that component worked.
    :
    : I dont see that particular component there. There is a section called "add reference' and there is something listed there called Microsoft Internet Control. Is that the same thing?
    :
    : Thanks for your help!
    :