can't run an exe from external application.

I am trying to open any exe file from ASP.NET but its not allowing me to do so.I have tried system.Diagnostic.process.start("c:winnt
otepad.exe")
but it is opening that only in back ground process, and i am not able to see that notepad file.

If any body know about the same then plx help me out.

Thanks

Comments

• ASP.NET is not typically meant for opening exe's ... this is for security reasons ... now if your goal is to stream some text to a text file, then you should use the System.IO namespace and the various classes for wirting to a text file such as:

StreamReader, StreamWriter, and FileStream.

: I am trying to open any exe file from ASP.NET but its not allowing me to do so.I have tried system.Diagnostic.process.start("c:winnt
    otepad.exe")
    : but it is opening that only in back ground process, and i am not able to see that notepad file.
    :
    : If any body know about the same then plx help me out.
    :
    : Thanks
    :

• : ASP.NET is not typically meant for opening exe's ... this is for security reasons ... now if your goal is to stream some text to a text file, then you should use the System.IO namespace and the various classes for wirting to a text file such as:
    :
    : StreamReader, StreamWriter, and FileStream.
    :
    : : I am trying to open any exe file from ASP.NET but its not allowing me to do so.I have tried system.Diagnostic.process.start("c:winnt
    otepad.exe")
    : : but it is opening that only in back ground process, and i am not able to see that notepad file.
    : :
    : : If any body know about the same then plx help me out.
    : : Thanks
    :
    :

use shell("c:/notepad.exe") at tht event gud luck