please help- how can i use database without connecting to DB server

[b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2006-8-2 22:32:3[/red][/b][hr]
maybe you will call me idiot, can you please solve this problem for me:

I tried to you SQL adapter, also Crystal Reports, but they all required me to connect to some kind of server, but i dont even know what to to.

I am studying on C# .NET at "customer mainternant project" to manage customers information and activities, I do all the steps my guide book shows but the connecting to server stuff. I dont even know what to to in next step.

It windows application form project, as the book said, add SQL adapter on the form, ... fill in the connection stuff, hence, what should i do if nothing in the selection ...

Thank you for your help

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by minhnguyena7 at 2006-8-2 22:32:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : maybe you will call me idiot, can you please solve this problem for me:
    :
    : I tried to you SQL adapter, also Crystal Reports, but they all required me to connect to some kind of server, but i dont even know what to to.
    :
    : I am studying on C# .NET at "customer mainternant project" to manage customers information and activities, I do all the steps my guide book shows but the connecting to server stuff. I dont even know what to to in next step.
    :
    : It windows application form project, as the book said, add SQL adapter on the form, ... fill in the connection stuff, hence, what should i do if nothing in the selection ...
    :
    :
    : Thank you for your help
    :
    :
    Not sure what you mean. Ofcourse you need to connect to the server the dbms is running on, how else does your app know where the database resides? The server's name goes into the connectionstring.
    What do you mean by 'nothing in the selection'?

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    http://www.gvh-maatwerk.nl

• : maybe you will call me idiot, can you please solve this problem for me:
    :

You must connect to a database before you can use the data in that database in your C# (or any other language for that matter)program.

Unfortunately you will need to learn about databases before you can use them in C#. I suggest you look at using MS Access first.

Good luck.
    Glen Harvy