What's the difference between:

1.) C++

2.) Visual C++

3.) Managed C++

4.) C++ .NET

5.) C#

6.) Visual C#

Comments

• : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    :
    : What's the difference between:
    :
    : 1.) C++
    :
    : 2.) Visual C++
    :
    : 3.) Managed C++
    :
    : 4.) C++ .NET
    :
    : 5.) C#
    :
    : 6.) Visual C#
    :
    :
    C++ is the language.
    VC++ is a compiler.
    In C++.net you can write managed code and unmanaged code.
    The unmanaged code is like old code, while managed code is code written for the .net platform.

C# and Visual C# are the same.
    C# is a compleatly different language, but has similarities with maneged C++ code.

Managed C++ code is very messy, and therefor C# was invented. C# code is also compiled to the .net platform.
  • : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(

study c++ and c for a couple years first. After that you will probably know which of the others (if any) you want to study.
  • : : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    :
    :
    : study c++ and c for a couple years first. After that you will probably know which of the others (if any) you want to study.
    :
    [blue]
    First - [b]C[/b]
    Next - [b]C++[/b]
    [/blue]
  • : : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    : :
    : : What's the difference between:
    : : 1.) C++
    : : 2.) Visual C++
    : : 3.) Managed C++
    : : 4.) C++ .NET
    : : 5.) C#
    : : 6.) Visual C#
    : C++ is the language.
    : VC++ is a compiler.
    : In C++.net you can write managed code and unmanaged code.
    : The unmanaged code is like old code, while managed code is code written for the .net platform.
    :
    : C# and Visual C# are the same.
    : C# is a compleatly different language, but has similarities with maneged C++ code.
    :
    : Managed C++ code is very messy, and therefor C# was invented. C# code is also compiled to the .net platform.
    :

Thanks guys!

Ummmmm... one more, what is MFC? Is it a language, compiler, or what?
  • : : : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    : : study c++ and c for a couple years first. After that you will probably know which of the others (if any) you want to study.
    : [blue]
    : First - [b]C[/b]
    : Next - [b]C++[/b]
    : [/blue]
    :

couple of years!?!?!!?!?!!?...well, may be it depends on you and your learning speed...

and anyway, even if you study C++, you'll no doubt have to cover C first. I'm curious, are you choosing courses, or are you planning to self teach yourself?

{2}rIng
  • : : : : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    : : :
    : : : study c++ and c for a couple years first. After that you will probably know which of the others (if any) you want to study.
    : : [blue]
    : : First - [b]C[/b]
    : : Next - [b]C++[/b]
    : : [/blue]
    :
    : couple of years!?!?!!?!?!!?...well, may be it depends on you and your learning speed...
    :
    : and anyway, even if you study C++, you'll no doubt have to cover C first. I'm curious, are you choosing courses, or are you planning to self teach yourself?
    :
    : {2}rIng
    :
    I'm already studying at school, it's just an "advance study", and also preparing myself for the thesis ^_^
  • :
    : Thanks guys!
    :
    : Ummmmm... one more, what is MFC? Is it a language, compiler, or what?
    :

Try to look things up.

I took this from wikipedia

Microsoft Foundation Class Library (also Microsoft Foundation Classes, or MFC) is a Microsoft library that wraps portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, forming an application framework. Classes are defined for many of the handle-managed Windows objects and also for predefined windows and common controls.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Classes

• : :
    : : Thanks guys!
    : : Ummmmm... one more, what is MFC? Is it a language, compiler, or what?
    :
    : Try to look things up.
    :
    : I took this from wikipedia
    :
    : Microsoft Foundation Class Library (also Microsoft Foundation Classes, or MFC) is a Microsoft library that wraps portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, forming an application framework. Classes are defined for many of the handle-managed Windows objects and also for predefined windows and common controls.
    :
    : -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Classes
    :
    :
    Ah ok, next time i'll search more ^_^
  • : : : : I'm starting to study about C++, but I don't know what to study first... :(
    : : : study c++ and c for a couple years first. After that you will probably know which of the others (if any) you want to study.
    : : [blue]
    : : First - [b]C[/b]
    : : Next - [b]C++[/b]
    : : [/blue]
    :
    : couple of years!?!?!!?!?!!?...well, may be it depends on you and your learning speed...

Yes, it will take 2-3 years before you can write decent programs and work as a professional programmers. It will take around 5 years to become a good programmer.