French soccer team

The thing about France is that... How many people are actually born in France that play in the team?

Also with regards Zidane. There should be no excuse for that headbutt.
[blue]
I dont think there is any unfairness involved about the French team consisting of so many froeign born players, if anything, it should be a shining example of how beneficial intergration is to the host country!
I think an immigrant can serve the interest of a country as zealously and distinctly as an other citizen.
Examples that readly come to mind are General Shalikashvili in the US, Medeline Albright, and a lot more. So people should applaud the French soccer team example and value unity over division.
[lue]

Comments

• : The thing about France is that... How many people are actually born in France that play in the team?
    :
    : Also with regards Zidane. There should be no excuse for that headbutt.
    : [blue]
    : I dont think there is any unfairness involved about the French team consisting of so many froeign born players, if anything, it should be a shining example of how beneficial intergration is to the host country!
    : I think an immigrant can serve the interest of a country as zealously and distinctly as an other citizen.
    : Examples that readly come to mind are General Shalikashvili in the US, Medeline Albright, and a lot more. So people should applaud the French soccer team example and value unity over division.
    : [lue]

Yeah - but theres a lot of issues in France as there is here too. - Perhaps not in football though. However from what I understood when I worked in Paris in a multicultural office - It seemed that my black co workers liked Henry, Wiltord etc.. and the Algerians only liked Zidane and lizaru etc = I got on well with everyone in the office. I found that a bit odd because in the England team I have my likes and dislikes, but I base that on skill and attitude of the individual player.
    In the case of the UK there is too many 2nd generation immigrants that want to run with the fox and hunt with the hounds.

• [b][red]This message was edited by GyronMkwebo at 2006-8-11 1:35:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : The thing about France is that... How many people are actually born in France that play in the team?
    : :
    : : Also with regards Zidane. There should be no excuse for that headbutt.
    : : [blue]
    : : I dont think there is any unfairness involved about the French team consisting of so many froeign born players, if anything, it should be a shining example of how beneficial intergration is to the host country!
    : : I think an immigrant can serve the interest of a country as zealously and distinctly as an other citizen.
    : : Examples that readly come to mind are General Shalikashvili in the US, Medeline Albright, and a lot more. So people should applaud the French soccer team example and value unity over division.
    : : [/blue]
    :
    : Yeah - but theres a lot of issues in France as there is here too. - Perhaps not in football though. However from what I understood when I worked in Paris in a multicultural office - It seemed that my black co workers liked Henry, Wiltord etc.. and the Algerians only liked Zidane and lizaru etc = I got on well with everyone in the office. I found that a bit odd because in the England team I have my likes and dislikes, but I base that on skill and attitude of the individual player.
    : In the case of the UK there is too many 2nd generation immigrants that want to run with the fox and hunt with the hounds.
    :
    : [blue]
    i liked your last statement and know what you mean by that(terrorism and rights associated with being UK citizens).
    I didn't know support for the French team was aligned along racial lines! It looked like everyone was convinced about Zidane's 'immortality'. They even celebrated him stamping on an Arab player in 1998 (he got a red for that too).
    Personally, i think Zidane was the epitome of entertainment as far as soccer was concerned. I am yet to see anyone with as good ball control, accuracy and vision as him. The headbutt does not take anything away from him IMO.
    [/blue]