first.php

Hi All

I'm an experienced database administrator and programmer with 5 years teaching expierience. It's time now for me to update my skills by learning a new language.

I've been studying the PHP language and now I would like to execute some of my amature programs. How do I do this? I would like to execute the code without using a server.

Lets say the file is first.php. How do I do I run this program?

Comments

• This post has been deleted.
  • : Lets say the file is first.php. How do I do I run this program?

You could just run PHP in command line mode - http://uk.php.net/features.commandline

Regards,

Isaac

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"

• : : Lets say the file is first.php. How do I do I run this program?
    :
    : You could just run PHP in command line mode - http://uk.php.net/features.commandline
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : Isaac
    :
    : "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"
    :
    :
    If you want to simulate a real inveriment, and don't have a webhotel, you can turn your computer into a server.
    It's reather easy to, just download apache, php and whatever else you want.
  • : Hi All
    :
    : I'm an experienced database administrator and programmer with 5 years teaching expierience. It's time now for me to update my skills by learning a new language.
    :
    : I've been studying the PHP language and now I would like to execute some of my amature programs. How do I do this? I would like to execute the code without using a server.
    :
    : Lets say the file is first.php. How do I do I run this program?
    :

actually, running a php script is good... i want to suggest to transfer from your current programming language to php.. unless its java... niways... if i want to run a php file, i could use two ways... first way is the command line, which is i dont suggest... because using command line will show you the dull part, not the excited part... niways, the second way is using a server... i suggest you use a server... apache server is the right one...