Hi there! someone's interest in object-pascal?

The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon

Comments

• : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    :
    :
    OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
  • : : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    : :
    : OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    : OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
    :

So what I want is multitasking, right?
    Could you tell me more about it?
  • : : : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : : : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : : : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    : : :
    : : OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    : : OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
    :
    : So what I want is multitasking, right?
    : Could you tell me more about it?
    :
    Here's a great page about it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking
  • : : : : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : : : : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : : : : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    : : : :
    : : : OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    : : : OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
    : : So what I want is multitasking, right?
    : : Could you tell me more about it?
    : Here's a great page about it:
    : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking
    :

so this multitasking infact doesn't process tasks simultaneously, but does it one by one just in a slice of time, such that we think it is parallel, is that right?

• : : : : : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : : : : : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : : : : : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    : : : : :
    : : : : OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    : : : : OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
    : : : So what I want is multitasking, right?
    : : : Could you tell me more about it?
    : : Here's a great page about it:
    : : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking
    :
    : so this multitasking infact doesn't process tasks simultaneously, but does it one by one just in a slice of time, such that we think it is parallel, is that right?
    :
    :
    Should be obvious, since 1 processor can only process 1 instruction at a time. For true parallel computing you need more than 1 processor.
  • : : : : : : The stuff object-oriented programming in pascal is not written anywhere. I've been searching for it for a long time. Anyone knows about it?
    : : : : : : The feature with which you can make your program do SOME tasks separately (i.e make a clock timer running, and do a simple calculate at the same time)
    : : : : : : Plz share with me, my Y!M: liptoncanon
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : OOP is not the same as multitasking. OOP: The programmer divides his program in logical units, which contain everything for a specific task (= object class). Then the actual programming becomes just linking the objects together. For example: an address-book in OOP will consist of at least 2 object classes: 1 to maintain each address and 1 for the list of addresses.
    : : : : : OOP is well-documented in Pascal, see the TObject type in the helpfiles, the TurboVision demos. Multitasking is a different story, because that's quite difficult to code in a DOS program.
    : : : : So what I want is multitasking, right?
    : : : : Could you tell me more about it?
    : : : Here's a great page about it:
    : : : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking
    : : so this multitasking infact doesn't process tasks simultaneously, but does it one by one just in a slice of time, such that we think it is parallel, is that right?
    : Should be obvious, since 1 processor can only process 1 instruction at a time. For true parallel computing you need more than 1 processor.
    :

yeah right, in the early time, I thought a processor could somehow "divide" itself and do manythings at the same time, but now I know it, thanks alot, Zibadian