Process communication between two PC

How can i solve my problem? I have to communicate two PC via an UTP network cable.

One pc (586, with 8mb) is connected to a card reader, and the goal is to send the numbers that it reads to the other pc. In the second pc there is running a Delphi application that will process thats numbers.

Since the first pc is an old model , i wish to solve this problem developing in PASCAL (or some DOS-platform languague)the code that will reside in that pc. That code must read the numbers from the card reader (this is the easy part), and send it to the second pc.

Anyone can help me to solve that? Thx.

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by Alcatiz at 2006-11-8 14:7:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : How can i solve my problem? I have to communicate two PC via an UTP network cable.
    :
    : One pc (586, with 8mb) is connected to a card reader, and the goal is to send the numbers that it reads to the other pc. In the second pc there is running a Delphi application that will process thats numbers.
    :
    : Since the first pc is an old model , i wish to solve this problem developing in PASCAL (or some DOS-platform languague)the code that will reside in that pc. That code must read the numbers from the card reader (this is the easy part), and send it to the second pc.
    :
    : Anyone can help me to solve that? Thx.
    :
    Hi !

Under DOS you can use interrupt 5Ch as NetBios interface :
    http://lrs.fmi.uni-passau.de/support/doc/interrupt-57/RB-6257.HTM

Another solution : install Windows 3.x so you can use the Windows API to connect.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Alcatiz at 2006-11-8 14:7:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : : How can i solve my problem? I have to communicate two PC via an UTP network cable.
    : :
    : : One pc (586, with 8mb) is connected to a card reader, and the goal is to send the numbers that it reads to the other pc. In the second pc there is running a Delphi application that will process thats numbers.
    : : Since the first pc is an old model , i wish to solve this problem developing in PASCAL (or some DOS-platform languague)the code that will reside in that pc. That code must read the numbers from the card reader (this is the easy part), and send it to the second pc.
    : : Anyone can help me to solve that? Thx.
    : Hi !
    :
    : Under DOS you can use interrupt 5Ch as NetBios interface :
    : http://lrs.fmi.uni-passau.de/support/doc/interrupt-57/RB-6257.HTM
    :
    : Another solution : install Windows 3.x so you can use the Windows API to connect.
    :
    :
    :

Hi! Thx a lot, man! I have solved that problem using a set of lib with source code in PASCAL (called "ipstack"). I've found at "http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/db.php3?category=Internet" ("ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/contrib/ipstack.zip").

I used that, in combination with the network card's packet driver. (see "Ping.pas" and "Client.pas" in the samples of the set of lib).

I hope it can help to someone! And thx again for your help, Alcatiz.