Happy 2007..

I have a question(......).
Which is the best language for OPENGL?
Delphi ? or c++?
Delphi will slow down my game or not?

Thats all i want to know.

Thanks.

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:37:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:36:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : Happy 2007..
    :
    : I have a question(......).
    : Which is the best language for OPENGL?
    : Delphi ? or c++?
    : Delphi will slow down my game or not?
    :
    : Thats all i want to know.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    Both languages (once the code is properly optimalized) are comparably fast. C++ might be slightly faster, because the compiler can be made to remove all type-casting checking and allow for some "hackish" programming to make even faster (although more buggish).
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:37:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:36:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Happy 2007..
    : :
    : : I have a question(......).
    : : Which is the best language for OPENGL?
    : : Delphi ? or c++?
    : : Delphi will slow down my game or not?
    : : Thats all i want to know.
    : : Thanks.
    : Both languages (once the code is properly optimalized) are comparably fast. C++ might be slightly faster, because the compiler can be made to remove all type-casting checking and allow for some "hackish" programming to make even faster (although more buggish).
    :
    Ok thanks , i just wanted to know if delphi can handle such applications.
    Because some people saying that delphi is like VB , and as i know , vb sucks for that kind of applications(and not only i would say).

• : : : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:37:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by porodoro at 2007-1-1 9:36:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Happy 2007..
    : : :
    : : : I have a question(......).
    : : : Which is the best language for OPENGL?
    : : : Delphi ? or c++?
    : : : Delphi will slow down my game or not?
    : : : Thats all i want to know.
    : : : Thanks.
    : : Both languages (once the code is properly optimalized) are comparably fast. C++ might be slightly faster, because the compiler can be made to remove all type-casting checking and allow for some "hackish" programming to make even faster (although more buggish).
    : Ok thanks , i just wanted to know if delphi can handle such applications.
    : Because some people saying that delphi is like VB , and as i know , vb sucks for that kind of applications(and not only i would say).
    :
    :
    :
    Delphi is more like VC than VB. A lot of VC code can almost directly be converted into Delphi by using global replaces with a some manual adjustments. I know this from experience.
    Should you look to the history of Delphi, then you'll see that the Pascal language was designed to give the power of C to beginners without the complexity of C. Pascal is in a sense a languange between C and Basic. Over the years the Pascal compilers started working more like C compilers than Basic compilers, in a sense that Pascal was becoming an "Object Orientated Programming" language and VB is an "Object Using Programming" language.