multithreading

hello every1..m new in JAVA..I wanna ask..1->when we make threads then time given to a particular thread depends upon the operating system or not...2->n DOS is not multitasking os..so can we run multithreading java programs on DOS or not

Comments

• : hello every1..m new in JAVA..I wanna ask..1->when we make threads then time given to a particular thread depends upon the operating system or not...2->n DOS is not multitasking os..so can we run multithreading java programs on DOS or not
    :
    It depends on the JVM. The JVM might support multithreading, while itself isn't multithreaded.
  • : : hello every1..m new in JAVA..I wanna ask..1->when we make threads then time given to a particular thread depends upon the operating system or not...2->n DOS is not multitasking os..so can we run multithreading java programs on DOS or not
    : :
    : It depends on the JVM. The JVM might support multithreading, while itself isn't multithreaded.
    :
    so wat about the time given to a thread..i want to ask..whether the time given to a thread depends upon cpu scheduling algorithm or on JVM
  • : : : hello every1..m new in JAVA..I wanna ask..1->when we make threads then time given to a particular thread depends upon the operating system or not...2->n DOS is not multitasking os..so can we run multithreading java programs on DOS or not
    : : :
    : : It depends on the JVM. The JVM might support multithreading, while itself isn't multithreaded.
    : :
    : so wat about the time given to a thread..i want to ask..whether the time given to a thread depends upon cpu scheduling algorithm or on JVM
    :
    If the JVM handles the multithreading, then the JVM will also handle the scheduling, otherwise the OS. The CPU never handles the scheduling, because the CPU only works in individual assembly statements and multithreading is on a much higher level.