Notify Icon Disappears.

I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.

Thanks in advance.
Shahzad.

Comments

• : I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    : Shahzad.
    :
    Hi,
    when you register notify icon and close application without unregistering it, nofity icon disappears when you hover your mouse over it.

So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• : : I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.

: Hi,
    : when you register notify icon and close application without unregistering it, nofity icon disappears when you hover your mouse over it.
    :
    : So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    Thanks for reply.
    I do not understand the work "Register".
    Please Clarify it.

Shahzad.

• : : : I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.
    :
    : : Hi,
    : : when you register notify icon and close application without unregistering it, nofity icon disappears when you hover your mouse over it.
    : :
    : : So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : Thanks for reply.
    : I do not understand the work "Register".
    : Please Clarify it.
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    registering notify icon means that your application is requiring (registering) some icon as system tray icon and system adds it there. You do not need care about this phase in your application, .NET will register/unregister it for you.

Important part is this:
    > So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..

Are you sure that your application is running just before you move your mouse over notify icon?
    I'm not sure if you have some visible form by that time (and if you're absolutely sure that your application is running - is visible in task manager)

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• : : : : I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.
    : : : Hi,
    : : : when you register notify icon and close application without unregistering it, nofity icon disappears when you hover your mouse over it.
    : : :
    : : : So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    : : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : : Thanks for reply.
    : : I do not understand the work "Register".
    : : Please Clarify it.
    : : Shahzad.
    : registering notify icon means that your application is requiring (registering) some icon as system tray icon and system adds it there. You do not need care about this phase in your application, .NET will register/unregister it for you.
    :
    : Important part is this:
    : > So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    :
    : Are you sure that your application is running just before you move your mouse over notify icon?
    : I'm not sure if you have some visible form by that time (and if you're absolutely sure that your application is running - is visible in task manager)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    when i use the command Me.Hide, the application is closed, and also disappear from Task Manager window. what i use to hide the form. i have only one form.

Thanks
    Shahzad.

• : : : : : I am using VB.Net 2003. My project is about Monitoring Folders. I am using Notify Icon too. when my application starts Icon appears in Taskbar area and works well with Context Menu, but when i hide the form using Me.Hide Notify icon still appears. The problem is that when i take the mouse over the Notify Icon the Icon disappears and application also close without any runtime error.
    : : : : Hi,
    : : : : when you register notify icon and close application without unregistering it, nofity icon disappears when you hover your mouse over it.
    : : : :
    : : : : So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    : : : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : : : Thanks for reply.
    : : : I do not understand the work "Register".
    : : : Please Clarify it.
    : : : Shahzad.
    : : Hi,
    : : registering notify icon means that your application is requiring (registering) some icon as system tray icon and system adds it there. You do not need care about this phase in your application, .NET will register/unregister it for you.
    : : Important part is this:
    : : > So it looks that your application is already closed BEFORE you move your mouse to Notify icon..
    : : Are you sure that your application is running just before you move your mouse over notify icon?
    : : I'm not sure if you have some visible form by that time (and if you're absolutely sure that your application is running - is visible in task manager)
    : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : when i use the command Me.Hide, the application is closed, and also disappear from Task Manager window. what i use to hide the form. i have only one form.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :
    Me.Hide is not supposed to close your application. There must be something in Form_Deactivate (or similar event) that closes your applicaiton after Me.Hide is called. Try to step throught your code and the place where your application is terminated.