3d Game Engine

[b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2007-1-29 7:39:29[/red][/b][hr]
Well, it was rich stuff I got from you and the multiplayer game book was incredibly amazing. I tried to download Quake3 game ingine but I couldn't. Ogre3d said that I should have the .Net compiler. Well, Do I have to write my game in C# then?
where can I download a good game engine from, I honestly tried but I couldn't.
One more thing, How can I support both DirectX and OpenGL in my game? I don't think I will write my game twice.. thanks
dede:-)

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2007-1-29 7:39:29[/red][/b][hr]
    : Well, it was rich stuff I got from you and the multiplayer game book was incredibly amazing. I tried to download Quake3 game ingine but I couldn't. Ogre3d said that I should have the .Net compiler. Well, Do I have to write my game in C# then?

Firstly Ogre3D doesn't need the .Net compiler - if you look closely on the site it can work with the Mingw toolkit.

: where can I download a good game engine from, I honestly tried but I couldn't.

Look here - http://www.devmaster.net/engines/
    Some are 3D engines, some are rendering engines only.

: One more thing, How can I support both DirectX and OpenGL in my game? I don't think I will write my game twice.. thanks
    : dede:-)

You write it plugin based. Write a dll which seperately does OpenGL rendering - especially the functions which you use and a dll which seperately does it using Direct3D. Have function pointers to them in your actual rendering engine. Now when user selects which rendering to use - load the functions from the dll and make sure the function pointers point to them.

This is as simple as I can put it.

• Uh huh. I got this. I think using a game engine will ease it up more on me:). I will try honestly and I hope it's as easy as you say gautam :).
    dede:-)