What is difference between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual C# Express?

Hi

I would like to find what the difference between Visual C# 2005(Installed with Visual Studio 2005) and Visual C# 2005 Express. Are there limitations on the Express Edition or everything is just the same.

loco

Comments

• One difference that I know is that Visual C# Express supports only C# and is cheaper. Visual Studio supports C#, C++, VBasic and more. Seen on the product compare page of Microsoft.
    Frank.

• One of the most irritating factors with stripping down to the express editions is that they lack a 'Clear all breakpoints', at least I've not found it yet. So it makes you want to be careful with breakpoints, if they persist across IDE sessions. Also, no multi-thread debugging is supported, so if you want to do multi-threading (perfectly fine) you'll just be in the dark if you need to debug, because it's a little harder. Otherwise, it's much more lightweight in size and features. You got around 10 file templates for each language, compared against 20+ in Standard edition and up.
    Give it a try, it doesn't hurt your system, and uninstalls fine.

: One difference that I know is that Visual C# Express supports only C# and is cheaper. Visual Studio supports C#, C++, VBasic and more. Seen on the product compare page of Microsoft.
    : Frank.
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Visual C# Express is free. However, it is a very condensed down version of Visual Studios.NET 2005. If you programming as a hobby, use the free product.

:
    : Hi
    :
    : I would like to find what the difference between Visual C# 2005(Installed with Visual Studio 2005) and Visual C# 2005 Express. Are there limitations on the Express Edition or everything is just the same.
    :
    : loco
    :