HELP PROBLEM

hey guys...in netbeans5.5 i did the following:

I opened a new project and I added a new JFrame. after making the design, I added in the source the class Student in addition to the class NewJframe that alreay is templated. however, it gave me an error because class Student should be in a java file. I put it in a java file and i packaged it then i imported the package into the source code where NewJFrame class exists. The error is now "Package does not exist"

how to deal with this pblm???

10x

Comments

• : hey guys...in netbeans5.5 i did the following:
    :
    : I opened a new project and I added a new JFrame. after making the design, I added in the source the class Student in addition to the class NewJframe that alreay is templated. however, it gave me an error because class Student should be in a java file. I put it in a java file and i packaged it then i imported the package into the source code where NewJFrame class exists. The error is now "Package does not exist"
    :
    : how to deal with this pblm???
    :
    : 10x
    :
    Is the package in the library folder of the compiler and netbeans? You don't necessarily need to make a package of it. As long as it is in the same folder as the frame source.
    I don't know netbeans and only used eclipse as editor, so my experience in that respect is quite limited. Eclipse can link java files together if they are in the same folder.
  • yes man they r in the same folder and now it worked :)

u r right no packaging is needed .. they are linked

may i ask u about the colors? i mean i wanna display buttons and panels in blue or red...what is the command for it??

thanks
  • : yes man they r in the same folder and now it worked :)
    :
    : u r right no packaging is needed .. they are linked
    :
    : may i ask u about the colors? i mean i wanna display buttons and panels in blue or red...what is the command for it??
    :
    : thanks
    :
    See the following methods:
    JComponent.setBackground
    JComponent.setForeground
    The actual coding should be easy enough.