question again...

I've seen my school mates make a borderline for his program. It looked like making a rectangle if you use graphics.h but he didn't use it because he can minimize the window of his program.

Now my question is:
Is there any other way to make drawings in turbo c w/o using graphics.h library?

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by Lundin at 2007-3-19 8:34:20[/red][/b][hr]
    : I've seen my school mates make a borderline for his program. It looked like making a rectangle if you use graphics.h but he didn't use it because he can minimize the window of his program.
    :
    : Now my question is:
    : Is there any other way to make drawings in turbo c w/o using graphics.h library?
    :
    :

Eh... what has minimizing of Windows to do with drawing DOS graphics?
    I don't know (or want to know) of any other way than graphics.h. You can add all kind of Windows look-a-like functionality in a DOS program, perhaps that is what he did?

Or you could use a Windows compiler and save yourself the pain of re-inventing the wheel.

• : Eh... what has minimizing of Windows to do with drawing DOS graphics?
    : I don't know (or want to know) of any other way than graphics.h. You can add all kind of Windows look-a-like functionality in a DOS program, perhaps that is what he did?
    :
    : Or you could use a Windows compiler and save yourself the pain of re-inventing the wheel.

What i mean by minimizing is that you could see the output on a smaller window, while when using graphics.h you can only see the output in fullscreen.
  • : I've seen my school mates make a borderline for his program. It looked like making a rectangle if you use graphics.h but he didn't use it because he can minimize the window of his program.
    :
    : Is there any other way to make drawings in turbo c w/o using graphics.h library?
    :
    Try a graphics library, like -as Lundin said- used by Windows, or use other libraries (that use the same Windows libraries) like OpenCV, OpenGL, DirectX, Allegro, etc..

Or try another programming IDE that directly supports graphics, like Visual C++ 2005, Turbo C++ 2006, wxDevC++, Qt Developer, etc... (these are ALL free). It also gives you the bonus of a modern compiler.

See ya,
    bilderbikkel

• : I've seen my school mates make a borderline for his program. It looked like making a rectangle if you use graphics.h but he didn't use it because he can minimize the window of his program.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Coinsidering its in text mode, you can also just emulate a border.
    Either use ANSI characters, or encoded Unicode. (Kind of easy to hard)

has *alot* of very useful routines for changine x/y position,
    text color, and more. Odds are, your classmate used this. (Easy)

In TurboC, you can also access video memory directly (text mode
    begins at B8000:0, and write your own text mode library. (Very hard)

...I recommend using conio.h, or an existing library (as others
    suggested)[/blue]
    [/blue]