Macro in Word 2002 - increment a number

Hi everyone, I read through your posts and thought someone here might be able to help me. I have a word document that I need to add a macro too. This document is out on my network for everyone at my company to use. The macro will be so that users can click a macro button to automatically get the next number in a list. Problem is I can't use the registry key to get the next number because this document will be used by 30 or so people. Any help, ideas, sample code on how to do this? Thank you very much!

Comments

• : Hi everyone, I read through your posts and thought someone here
    : might be able to help me. I have a word document that I need to add
    : a macro too. This document is out on my network for everyone at my
    : company to use. The macro will be so that users can click a macro
    : button to automatically get the next number in a list. Problem is I
    : can't use the registry key to get the next number because this
    : document will be used by 30 or so people. Any help, ideas, sample
    : code on how to do this? Thank you very much!
    :

one idea would be to store the value in a text/ini file, or better an access.mdb file, on the network and read/write the value
  • Thank you so much for your help, I could definitely do that. I asked the almighty google for help in finding examples of code for this and was not very successful. As a newbie, if anyone has examples of code that can do this I would be so appreciative. For now I am going to try to work on it and if I come up with the code to do it I will paste it here for anyone else who may be able to use it!