regarding making an exe for windows

i hav python2.5, matplotlib0.90.1, and py2exe for python 2.5 all on windows... i hav a python program(letsc.py) which uses the matplotlib package... and i want 2 make an exe of it for distribution on other comps... i used py2exe... i wrote a setup.py whose contents are :

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
import matplotlib

setup(console=['letsc.py'],
options={
'py2exe': {
'packages' : ['matplotlib', 'pytz'],
}
},
data_files=[matplotlib.get_py2exe_datafiles()])

as per the site [link]http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/MatPlotLib][/link]... welll in the command prompt (not >>>) i typed [in the correct directory] "python setup.py py2exe". it gave out a lot of text on the console but finally in the end it displayed "error: can't copy 'F:Python25Libsite-packagesmatplotlibmpl-datafonts' : does'nt exist or not a regular file" (when actually there is a directory called mpl-data which has 3 subdirectories ... afm, pdfcorefonts and ttf) and the process stops. It creates the usual dist and build folders but there isnt the required exe in the dist folder... any help will be appreciated... thanx a lot

Comments

• : as per the site
    : [link]http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/MatPlotLib][/link]... welll in
    : the command prompt (not >>>) i typed [in the correct directory]
    : "python setup.py py2exe". it gave out a lot of text on the console
    : but finally in the end it displayed "error: can't copy
    : 'F:Python25Libsite-packagesmatplotlibmpl-datafonts' : does'nt
    : exist or not a regular file" (when actually there is a directory
    : called mpl-data which has 3 subdirectories ... afm, pdfcorefonts and
    : ttf) and the process stops.
    Well, that is exactly the problem. The 'fonts' directory is not under mpl-data so it doesn't exist. If you create the fonts directory, and put the three subdirectories into it, then it should be fine.

--
    Isaac

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"