News from here

2»

Comments

• You talk about Muslims in Europe not being able to adapt to European civilized ways of living, and my question is on the second generation Muslims who should have witnessed the two systems side by side and should then be more inclined to favour the European/democratic principles, but apparently do the opposite! Why?
    Personally, i believe in freedom, tolerance and the rule of law, therefore, i am not bothered if Arab/Muslim culture imposes some restrictions on their women and the said women like it! As long as the Muslims do not force me/my family/other members of society to conform to their culture, i am not bothered about giving them democracy.
    In this stride, i think it was wrong for the French authorities to ban head-dresses in schools for Muslim women. I don't see in what way that would offend/hurt anyone.
    You talk about democracy as if it is an absolute panacea to society's ills, but i don't think so. In fact, democracy is not an absolute, but rather relative and it depends on prevailing circumstances in a society, the said society's history and culture, and not least, outside influences by other societies. I don't subscribe to the misconception that democracy=anarchy. no.
    Rather, i think democracy is a survival mechanism by the human race, just like the core of religion promises everlasting life of bliss. However, i have no doubt that of all the systems invented/inherent in humans, democracy offers the best chance of orderly and happy living to all quarters of the society.
  • : You talk about Muslims in Europe not being able to adapt to European
    : civilized ways of living, and my question is on the second
    : generation Muslims who should have witnessed the two systems side by
    : side and should then be more inclined to favour the
    : European/democratic principles, but apparently do the opposite! Why?
    : Personally, i believe in freedom, tolerance and the rule of law,
    : therefore, i am not bothered if Arab/Muslim culture imposes some
    : restrictions on their women and the said women like it! As long as
    : the Muslims do not force me/my family/other members of society to
    : conform to their culture, i am not bothered about giving them
    : democracy.
    [color=Blue]This is it! I totaly agree! But muslim disagree! They want all of us to follow their rules! [/color]
    : In this stride, i think it was wrong for the French authorities to
    : ban head-dresses in schools for Muslim women. I don't see in what
    : way that would offend/hurt anyone.
    [color=Blue]I disagree!!! This is not about religion. This is [size=4][b]law[/b][/size][b][/b] in France and everybody who wants to live in this country has to follow it. If none muslim woman will go to the public with no head-dressed in such muslim country like Iran or Saudi, she will be in big trouble because there is a law about it in those country. This is actualy muslim regious law but it does not care about woman religion. All women no matter to what confession they belong [b]must[/b] follow it[/color]
    : You talk about democracy as if it is an absolute panacea to
    : society's ills, but i don't think so. In fact, democracy is not an
    : absolute, but rather relative and it depends on prevailing
    : circumstances in a society, the said society's history and culture,
    : and not least, outside influences by other societies. I don't
    : subscribe to the misconception that democracy=anarchy. no.
    : Rather, i think democracy is a survival mechanism by the human race,
    : just like the core of religion promises everlasting life of bliss.
    : However, i have no doubt that of all the systems invented/inherent
    : in humans, democracy offers the best chance of orderly and happy
    : living to all quarters of the society.

• I think you are right to state that Muslim women should be prepared to abide to the laws of the countries they visit or stay in, just like Muslims enforce foreigners to adhere to Muslim laws in their countries.
    Otherwise they should get out of those countries, they can't have their bread buttered on both sides, isn't it?
  • : I think you are right to state that Muslim women should be prepared
    : to abide to the laws of the countries they visit or stay in, just
    : like Muslims enforce foreigners to adhere to Muslim laws in their
    : countries.
    : Otherwise they should get out of those countries, they can't have
    : their bread buttered on both sides, isn't it?

It is not about muslims, jews, christians, buddists or some other confessions. It's about people. If you want to live in particular country, you must follow this country laws/rules. Period.