--->What should i learn first...

I have been learning C++ for almost a year now and now am starting to read the book "The C++ Programming Language"

after that am planing to read the following in the same order:

1."Practical Visual C++ 6" or "Visual C++ in 12 easy lessons"

2."The Black Art Of 3D Game Programming"

3."Game Programming Gems"

4."3D Game Engine Design : A Practical Approach to Real-Time Computer Graphics"

5."3D Graphics Programming: Games and Beyond"

6."Computer Graphics : Principles and Practice"

Could i get some input on what books i shouldnt read...My goal is to learn 3D Math and Physics...plust as much as i can about game programming...but mostly Math and Physics...

P.S. I have never programmed a game...And i have no idea what a game should consist of...so im a total newbie...Mabe one of you knows a good tutorial for a total Newbie...one that doesnt expect you to have writen a game before cuz i have tones of those...

For now...can some one list the things in proper order of what to lern first to last the things i should learn for now...

ie

1.DirectX

...etc.

Comments

• : I have been learning C++ for almost a year now and now am starting to read the book "The C++ Programming Language"

: after that am planing to read the following in the same order:

: 1."Practical Visual C++ 6" or "Visual C++ in 12 easy lessons"

:

: 2."The Black Art Of 3D Game Programming"

: 3."Game Programming Gems"

: 4."3D Game Engine Design : A Practical Approach to Real-Time Computer Graphics"

:

: 5."3D Graphics Programming: Games and Beyond"

: 6."Computer Graphics : Principles and Practice"

:

: Could i get some input on what books i shouldnt read...My goal is to learn 3D Math and Physics...plust as much as i can about game programming...but mostly Math and Physics...

:

: P.S. I have never programmed a game...And i have no idea what a game should consist of...so im a total newbie...Mabe one of you knows a good tutorial for a total Newbie...one that doesnt expect you to have writen a game before cuz i have tones of those...

:

: For now...can some one list the things in proper order of what to lern first to last the things i should learn for now...

: ie

: 1.DirectX

: ...etc.

:

:

I've heard most ppl around here praise Black Art books a whole lot, and i've read great reviews of Andre LaMothe's books. I can't wait til April 1 when he puts out his DirectX book. Other than that, i'm fairly new too and haven't written a real game yet, so i wouldn't know.

• I like Andre LaMothe's books too, and a book that I suggest everyone in this forum (which is game programming anyway) read "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus." I own this book, and it has helped me a lot!

: : I have been learning C++ for almost a year now and now am starting to read the book "The C++ Programming Language"

: : after that am planing to read the following in the same order:

: : 1."Practical Visual C++ 6" or "Visual C++ in 12 easy lessons"

: :

: : 2."The Black Art Of 3D Game Programming"

: : 3."Game Programming Gems"

: : 4."3D Game Engine Design : A Practical Approach to Real-Time Computer Graphics"

: : 5."3D Graphics Programming: Games and Beyond"

: : 6."Computer Graphics : Principles and Practice"

: : Could i get some input on what books i shouldnt read...My goal is to learn 3D Math and Physics...plust as much as i can about game programming...but mostly Math and Physics...

: : P.S. I have never programmed a game...And i have no idea what a game should consist of...so im a total newbie...Mabe one of you knows a good tutorial for a total Newbie...one that doesnt expect you to have writen a game before cuz i have tones of those...

: : For now...can some one list the things in proper order of what to lern first to last the things i should learn for now...

: : ie

: : 1.DirectX

: : ...etc.

: I've heard most ppl around here praise Black Art books a whole lot, and i've read great reviews of Andre LaMothe's books. I can't wait til April 1 when he puts out his DirectX book. Other than that, i'm fairly new too and haven't written a real game yet, so i wouldn't know.

:

:

• Actually, i just bought that book not even 4 hours before i read this post:) I have a question about it though, was it focused towards ppl who already know C/C++ or ppl who are basically newbies?

: I like Andre LaMothe's books too, and a book that I suggest everyone in this forum (which is game programming anyway) read "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus." I own this book, and it has helped me a lot!

:

: : : I have been learning C++ for almost a year now and now am starting to read the book "The C++ Programming Language"

: : : after that am planing to read the following in the same order:

: : : 1."Practical Visual C++ 6" or "Visual C++ in 12 easy lessons"

: : :

: : : 2."The Black Art Of 3D Game Programming"

: : : 3."Game Programming Gems"

: : : 4."3D Game Engine Design : A Practical Approach to Real-Time Computer Graphics"

: : : 5."3D Graphics Programming: Games and Beyond"

: : : 6."Computer Graphics : Principles and Practice"

: : : Could i get some input on what books i shouldnt read...My goal is to learn 3D Math and Physics...plust as much as i can about game programming...but mostly Math and Physics...

: : : P.S. I have never programmed a game...And i have no idea what a game should consist of...so im a total newbie...Mabe one of you knows a good tutorial for a total Newbie...one that doesnt expect you to have writen a game before cuz i have tones of those...

: : : For now...can some one list the things in proper order of what to lern first to last the things i should learn for now...

: : : ie

: : : 1.DirectX

: : : ...etc.

: : I've heard most ppl around here praise Black Art books a whole lot, and i've read great reviews of Andre LaMothe's books. I can't wait til April 1 when he puts out his DirectX book. Other than that, i'm fairly new too and haven't written a real game yet, so i wouldn't know.

:

:

:

• : Actually, i just bought that book not even 4 hours before i read this post:) I have a question about it though, was it focused towards ppl who already know C/C++ or ppl who are basically newbies?

It assumes you know C/C++, but not the game/graphics programming. It'll show you how to do your game programming, but won't wait up to show you the basics of C/C++.

-Xotor-

• : It assumes you know C/C++, but not the game/graphics programming. It'll show you how to do your game programming, but won't wait up to show you the basics of C/C++.

:

: -Xotor-

:

: So if i know about functions, classes, variables, etc. i'll be ok for the book? or will i need to already know how to do things like blit bmps to the screen and all?

• : So if i know about functions, classes, variables, etc. i'll be ok for the book? or will i need to already know how to do things like blit bmps to the screen and all?

I think it covers most of that.

-Xotor-