wavering.....

I know a lot of ppl (especially here) love the Black Art of 3D game programming, but i'm unsure whether or not to buy it. It says it's a dos tutorial book, and i use MVC++; i have dgjpp, but i don't know how to use it. Also, it's a realatively ancient book by gaming time, so that has me thinking it might not be worth reading it for that. Thoughts?????

Comments

• : I know a lot of ppl (especially here) love the Black Art of 3D game programming, but i'm unsure whether or not to buy it. It says it's a dos tutorial book, and i use MVC++; i have dgjpp, but i don't know how to use it. Also, it's a realatively ancient book by gaming time, so that has me thinking it might not be worth reading it for that. Thoughts?????

You don't learn the alphabet by reading the dictionary, and you don't program 3D games without knowing the basics of 3D.

The Black Art of 3D Game programming shows you the fundamentals of 3D game programming along with programming games in general. Though its code may be old by today's standards, its concepts are eternal, and should be learned.

-Xotor-

• nt = no text, I am writing more because htis good for nothing messageboard wont allow me just to write nt.. ugh

• : : I know a lot of ppl (especially here) love the Black Art of 3D game programming, but i'm unsure whether or not to buy it. It says it's a dos tutorial book, and i use MVC++; i have dgjpp, but i don't know how to use it. Also, it's a realatively ancient book by gaming time, so that has me thinking it might not be worth reading it for that. Thoughts?????

:

: You don't learn the alphabet by reading the dictionary, and you don't program 3D games without knowing the basics of 3D.

:

: The Black Art of 3D Game programming shows you the fundamentals of 3D game programming along with programming games in general. Though its code may be old by today's standards, its concepts are eternal, and should be learned.

:

: -Xotor-

: