header help

Hi to all, I am new here. I downloaded from this site .C file and when i try to start it in VS 2008 it displays error "Cannot open include file: 'graphics.h". Where can i find this header and how can I add it to project?

Comments

• Graphics.h is part of the ancient DOS graphics library BGI for Borland compilers. There is no way to run that from a modern Windows compiler nor from a non-Borland compiler. But since the library is obsolete since the introduction of Windows 14 years ago, there is probably no reason to use it either.
  • Thanks. But i have the same problem with some other header files like: curses.h, dir.h, alloc.h... I downloaded from programmers heaven C sourcecodes that contain these headers.

Exemple: Address book v2.1
    [code]
    # include
    # include
    [b]# include [/b]
    # include
    # include
    [b]# include
      [/b]
      # include
      # include
      # include [/code]
      Rest of code...

While compiling it displayes error that it cannot open header file.
      Is there a way to run these C sourcecodes on VS 2008?
      Do i need to upgrade my standard library?

• : # include
    : # include
    : [b]# include [/b]
    : [b]# include
      [/b]

The only headers above that are standard C are stdio.h, string.h, stdlib.h and ctype.h. The rest are all non-standard headers. So strictly speaking, they are not legal C.

So you aren't doing anything wrong, the program you have downloaded is an old, non-standard, non-portable one.