Help with Hyperterminal & C++

Hi,

I want to know about the technique as to how can we see the output of the any C++ program on the Windows Hyper-terminal rather than a DOS window.

Comments

• Why would you want to do that?

The only possible way would be to send data over RS-232 through one COM port and read it back in HyperTerminal through another COM port.
  • : Why would you want to do that?
    :
    : The only possible way would be to send data over RS-232 through one
    : COM port and read it back in HyperTerminal through another COM port.

Thnx for ur reply first of all,

Actually i am designing a driver for one of the PLC and SCADA and for doing so i SHUD use the C++. Now the problem is i am testing the basics of the operation that will be finally implemented in real time. And whatever u said is all fine.. setting up oprts and RS 232. etc.. BUT i want to know HOW to get the DATA displayed I mean the o/p of the C++ program for e.g. simply "Hello World". BUT shud be displayed on Hyperterminal. And in return also it shud get the DATA from the Hyperterminal if entered back to the C++ program.

This is all the entire task i am trying. I hope u got the entire msg now.

Hope to hear some help. form u..

Thnx a lot again..
  • You will have to use the Win32 API. Functions CreateFile, ReadFile, WriteFile plus the functions that control the serial port:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363195(VS.85).aspx