Looking for people to help with an MMO game project!

Hi all, this is actually my first post on here, but I was looking around for a coders forum as I had what I think is a really good and potentially revolutionary idea! hehe

Basically, without giving away too much information here as I don't want the idea to be stolen, it is a non-combat MMO game concept, which i don't THINK has ever been done before, at least if it has it wasn't done to it's potential!

Ok, if anyone wants to know more just send me a message or something, and of course people can post here but as I say I'm not keen about giving away lots of info to people I don't know as we all know how easy it is to have ideas stolen in this world!

Thanks all,

Mike, UK

Comments

• By the way I just wanted to add it's actually a relatively small project in terms of the time it would take to put it together, I actually think it could take as little as a few months with a small number of coders, and could be done (or partially done) as an online game like Runescape with Java or Flash (a la Dofus - www.dofus.com ).

I would also of course give everyone who helped a fair cut of any money that is made, and would like to eventually charge users of the game through say a monthly fee, something that is manageable and not too intrusive on the game experience, although of course it would be free to play with some kind of cut down account etc

I've had no messages yet but I really hope something comes out of it, the idea is flexible and I think it's something a lot of people would enjoy doing =)
  • Sounds interesting. I too am in the process of writing a multiplayer online game though mine is more aimed towards learning basic math. I am hoping have players be able o play game sand alone against the computer as well as compete with oher players. I will be using PHP, MYSql and Apache for development. Possibly C or C++ or VB also. I have had some Java experience though it is not my favorite thing.

Anyway I might be interested in helping as I have some free time. Get back to me please.

Fred

: By the way I just wanted to add it's actually a relatively small
    : project in terms of the time it would take to put it together, I
    : actually think it could take as little as a few months with a small
    : number of coders, and could be done (or partially done) as an online
    : game like Runescape with Java or Flash (a la Dofus - www.dofus.com ).
    :
    : I would also of course give everyone who helped a fair cut of any
    : money that is made, and would like to eventually charge users of the
    : game through say a monthly fee, something that is manageable and not
    : too intrusive on the game experience, although of course it would be
    : free to play with some kind of cut down account etc
    :
    : I've had no messages yet but I really hope something comes out of
    : it, the idea is flexible and I think it's something a lot of people
    : would enjoy doing =)
    :

• Hi. I'm an aspiring video game music composer, and I am looking for a project. I also have some coding experience in C++ and Java, which may come in handy when it comes to building sound into the finished product. I have a portfolio in progress, some of which I can share with you if you are interested in learning more.

Bottom line: I'd do this entirely for free, if you:
    1) Allow me to do this part time (I have a day job)
    2) Give me some sort of modest cut of any profits from the game (splitting it evenly across the team might be nice - don't worry I'll be worth my weight).
    3) Place me in the credits as music composer, and allow me to keep exclusive rights to the music I create (i.e., it's copyrighted and I can use it for anything else in the future).

Please get back to me ASAP about this opportunity - I would love the opportunity to work on a project like this.

Adam

: Hi all, this is actually my first post on here, but I was looking
    : around for a coders forum as I had what I think is a really good and
    : potentially revolutionary idea! hehe
    :
    : Basically, without giving away too much information here as I don't
    : want the idea to be stolen, it is a non-combat MMO game concept,
    : which i don't THINK has ever been done before, at least if it has it
    : wasn't done to it's potential!
    :
    : Ok, if anyone wants to know more just send me a message or
    : something, and of course people can post here but as I say I'm not
    : keen about giving away lots of info to people I don't know as we all
    : know how easy it is to have ideas stolen in this world!
    :
    : Thanks all,
    :
    : Mike, UK
    :