8051 interfacing max232

hello..i m having a problem on bootloading my 8051(AT89C51ED2). i m using the ATMEL FLIP software to programme my microcontroller. i m getting a timeout error everytime i wanted to interface with rs232.

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have a question or did you need help with anything? In case of the latter, please provide details. "Timeout error" could mean anything.
  • : I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have a question or did you need help
    : with anything? In case of the latter, please provide details.
    : "Timeout error" could mean anything.

Thank you very much for your reply. Currently I am trying to set the AT89C51ED2 Microcontroller into Bootloader Function in order to program it. But I keep prompting with "[color=Red]Timeout Error[/color]" everytime I am trying to interface [b]MAX-232[/b] with [b]AT89C51ED2[/b] using ATMEL Flip Program. Can I know why I keep getting the error message? What is the possible cause of this error?

• It can still be anything, impossible to tell. A wild guess would be that you switched rx and tx the wrong way, that's the most common RS-232 problem.