Limitations of GW BASIC HELP HELP

I have been programming in GW-BASIC for many years now. Recently I programmed a 6x6x6 rubics cube style puzzle, which turned out great, however, it is a chore having to input each move (I combined many but still have to input many times). So, I need help to find a programming language as easy to follow as GW-BASIC, but which will allow me to program instructions for the cubes' movement using a mouse. Any Suggestions???

Kind Regards,

DIJ

Comments

• : I have been programming in GW-BASIC for many years now. Recently I
    : programmed a 6x6x6 rubics cube style puzzle, which turned out great,
    : however, it is a chore having to input each move (I combined many
    : but still have to input many times). So, I need help to find a
    : programming language as easy to follow as GW-BASIC, but which will
    : allow me to program instructions for the cubes' movement using a
    : mouse. Any Suggestions???
    :
    : Kind Regards,
    :
    : DIJ
    :
    In my opinion, "as easy to follow as GW-BASIC" and "using a mouse", are conflicting requirements. That said, try one of the "visual" languages: Visual Basic, RealBasic or Delphi.

• Well I think you should try qbasic winch is easy and has mouse support
    or better yet try liberty basic winch can do almoast anything that visual basic can do but is a hole lot easier and has sprite support.
    or better yet try liberty basic winch can do almoast anything that visual basic can do but is a hole lot easier and has sprite support.
  • It wouldn't be as handy as a mouse, but you could get some movement through the use of [color=Red]KEY(n) ON[/color] statements to trap the arrow keys, then use [color=Red]ON KEY(n) GOSUB...[/color] statements to send it to lines handling the movement. [link=http://www.antonis.de/qbebooks/gwbasman/]This manual[/link] includes info on the commands.