Need help with Recordset

Hello,

I need help with a form that I'm trying to make with access and it keeps getting stuck in some details I don't get.

I have a text box named CodClient and I want to write there a number and using that number to retrieve from the database some information. You can see the code I've written below. I included it in the CodClient_OnChange() event and the input boxes are only for testing purpose. I can see the value for CodClient just like I entered it in the text box in the first input box but in the actual recordset I get nothing but an error that states a missing value in the fields. What can I do? How can I get
rst.Open "Select * from Scadentar where Scadentar.[CodClient]= CodClient.Text", conn, adOpenStatic
to recognize the CodClient value I have entered so I can have access to the table fields I need?

Please Help!

Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

Set conn = CurrentProject.Connection
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset

factNo = InputBox("What is the name of the company?", "Company Request", CodClient.Text)

rst.Open "Select * from Scadentar where Scadentar.[CodClient]= CodClient.Text", conn, adOpenStatic

factNo = InputBox("What is the name of the company?", "Company Request", rst.Fields("NumeClient").Value)

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello - new problem - old one i have managed it

I have a problem with trying when I open a form that shows fields from a table (is linked tot he table fields) not to show any information in the fields. I want them to be blank at first, after to be able so search something and see the specific field information. I don't want from the start to see the first record information in the fields.

Can someone help?