terminal velocity graphing

i need to be able to plot the vertical speed and the altitude as a function of time. attached is the code. any help would be appreciated

Comments

• I can't understand what is your problem, in your code you already plot the altitude as a function of time.
  • the graph is not plotting properly and i do not know how to get it to look the right way, also need to have seperate plots for the velocity and altitude
  • If you don't explain what you mean with "plot properly" I can't help you.
    To plot two different figures you can code in this way:

figure(); plot(time, altitude);
    figure(); plot(time, velocity);
  • the velocity graph was only using one point for the entire graph, we need it to use all the points for the velocity graph. i also can't figure out how to get the altitude to plot. attached is the revised information.
  • Can you give me some test input values so that I can check the code, because it gives me some errors and perhaps it depends on my "random" input values.
  • initial altitude is 3800
    parachute diameter is 10
    opens at 40
    time step is .1
  • Now it runs!
    To plot all the velocity values you have to code in this way (I underline the lines that I have added):

[u]figure();[/u]
    while t1000
    if V>-Vt_before
    a=(1/2)*(pair/m)*(V^2)*Ab*Cdb-g;
    V=Vi+a*TS;
    Alt=Alt+V*TS+(1/2)*a*TS^2
    Vi=V;
    t=t+TS
    time=t;
    disp('The skydiver did not reach terminal velocity.')
    else Vterm=1;
    Alt=-Vt_before*TS+Alt
    t=t+TS
    disp('The skydiver reached terminal velocity.')
    end
    [u]plot(t,V,'.');hold on[/u]
    end
  • To plot the altitude:

[u]figure();[/u]
    while Alt>0
    Alt=Alt-Vt_after*TS;
    t=t+TS;
    [u]plot(t,Alt,'.');hold on[/u]
    end
  • thank you, we modified what you gave us to graph for the entire duration of the jump.