i need decompiler >> Assembly >> C

HI..
i need decompiler .exe >> Assembly >> C

Comments

• : HI..
    : i need decompiler .exe >> Assembly >> C
    :

there ain't no such animal. .exe >> assembly is pretty easy. but assembly >> C is nearly impossible.
  • :
    : there ain't no such animal. .exe >> assembly is pretty easy. but
    : assembly >> C is nearly impossible.
    :

I am currently trying to write a program that can convert an exe file to assembly. Anyone know a good reference, or can at least point me in the right direction?

Very greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Simply read it byte by byte and translate the op codes to asm instructions. You just need a big table of asm instructions. There's plenty of freeware disassemble tools doing this, you could use one as reference to see that you get the same result.
  • Awesome, thank you very much.

Since your post I've looked all over trying to find a listing of the op codes and their related asm instructions. Sadly, google is failing me. Is there maybe another term for the "op codes" in exe's? Or maybe do you know of a place that would list them? I could just be wording my searches unintelligently, but I can't for the life of me think of what else to try. =P

Also, sorry for going all necro on this thread. I'm new to programmersheaven.com and am still feeling my way around. :)
  • [color=Blue]Download Volumes 2A and 2B from here:
    [link=http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/]http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/[/link]

All opcodes are inside, specifically read about how opcodes are formed (Mod/R/M and so on...)

Disassembler is basically a table of 256 function pointers - simply call a function for each byte value at current disassembling address. If you put a load of IF() statements or a switch() - this will be VERY slow![/color]