Please has anyone ever worked with winwedge???

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USA
    We use winwedge to collect very accurate gauge(thickness) information about some products we produce here at my company. I personally have not used winwedge, but I aided one of the lab techs in making an excel macro to interface with his measurement device with WinWedge.
  • Hi i want to use Winwedge to input measurements from a scale to my app using DDE but from online searches i found out that does not support DDE. Anyway i can work around this problem???
    I just read that VB.Net DOES support DDE, here is an example:

I beleive that WinWedge comes with Samples of how to integrate it's technology into your VB.Net application right in it's manual (Those samples in the manual were how we used it to interface with our Serial RS232 devices in our LAB)

I will find more examples, or MSDN documentation if you'd like

• Thanks for all your help and time Sean.
    really appreciate it.
    No problem!

I learn more here then I help :)
  • Hi Sean... i would not mind more help on winwedge.
    Ok, what do you need help with?
  • Third party applications that i could use and a big brothers advice on how to go about it.
    I'd love to help you Azdonald, but you really haven't given me any information about what you want to do... at all...

I understand you want to interface with a scale of some sort using WinWedge to collect data into your software? Have you determined that WinWedge is the best solution for what you are trying to do, or is it something that seemed like it might work?

WinWedge should have come with a Library you can import and use to interface with devices. More importantly, WinWedge comes with a manual that has all sorts of examples of how to use it with your device both programming and integrating with Microsoft Excel. (I should note here that I never worked with this software, I only know of it because our lab techs have it and my Supervisor got it working with our inventory application)

This is how I would approach this problem:
    0------I would read that manual
    1. I would identify all of the data I need collected
    2. I would build a separate application, a test project, in which I would interface with the target device and learn to collect the data
    3. Now that I know what I am doing, I go back to my application and decide how to integrate that method into what I have
    4. Now I know what I am doing, I finish my product