New to Programming

G'day readers,
I am a high school student who knows nothing at all about programming. I would like to get started though. Can anyone please help me learn just the basics, or give me some place to go to learn them? Any help would be great!
thanks.

Comments

• if u have decided to learn Java then choose any good book. And try your hands on programming according the chapter ur reading. if u have any problem with any part of code. then search them in google with exact key words.

I will not recommend any web site coz its not a good practice. After learning basics u can go to web.

All the best!!

• If you can tell us the name of programming book so please. And i think that would be really useful for us instead we learn online.
  • Java The Complete Reference is the book I used to read when i was a student. Its good for Core Java. After that you can choose if u have to go for web programming(J2EE) or for mobile programming (J2ME). Also If need any further information you can keep posting here.
  • Thanks! I needed that question answered as well
  • I agree with Pmaigks.