Problem with parallel port programming file io.dll 2002

[b][red]This message was edited by Diwakar Bista at 2005-3-15 0:57:24[/red][/b][hr]
I downloaded the file io.dll for programming the parallel port
But I am finding non of it's command working
like I tried

Private Declare Sub SetPortBit Lib "IO.DLL" (ByVal Port As Integer, ByVal Bit As Byte)

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Call SetPortBit(378, 2)
End Sub

Is there any thing else that i can do or this dll doesn't work in Win XP ?
So please do send me the command syntax if mine is wrong or any information which you think will be helpful for me.

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Diwakar Bista at 2005-3-15 0:57:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : I downloaded the file io.dll for programming the parallel port
    : But I am finding non of it's command working
    : like I tried
    :
    : Private Declare Sub SetPortBit Lib "IO.DLL" (ByVal Port As Integer, ByVal Bit As Byte)
    :
    :
    : Private Sub Command1_Click()
    : Call SetPortBit(378, 2)
    : End Sub
    :
    : Is there any thing else that i can do or this dll doesn't work in Win XP ?
    : So please do send me the command syntax if mine is wrong or any information which you think will be helpful for me.
    :
    :
    :

Is the IO.dll in the same directory as the EXE file? (NOTE: In the development enironment it might be a different directory). If not, you need to register it. This would typically give an error compiling if this is not the case.
    If the program does compile, are you sure the IO.dll does not work? It might just be that you can't see the result.

Greets...
    Richard

• 378 is hex number, should be declare &H378