free icons?

Not strictly a programmer question, but I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some icons to use in my program? I'm less than great with a paint program and can't seem to find any freeware icon libraries. Search engines just show up 'icons' for webpages(which are normally animated .gif's etc).

Ice

Comments

• I believe there are some at msdn.microsoft.com

however I forgot where.

: Not strictly a programmer question, but I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some icons to use in my program? I'm less than great with a paint program and can't seem to find any freeware icon libraries. Search engines just show up 'icons' for webpages(which are normally animated .gif's etc).

:

: Ice

:

• www.tucows.com!!! Getting to the icons is a pain though...

First, go to the site, then select software from your OS (like Win 95/98). Under THAT page, you need to select the Theme channel (under the heading Channels). It will usually ask you to select a region at this point, pick the place closest to you for faster downloads. Anyway, under the themes page, towards the top should be some links. Cursors, Icons, Skins, Screen savers, etc. Click on Icons. Enjoy.

: Not strictly a programmer question, but I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some icons to use in my program? I'm less than great with a paint program and can't seem to find any freeware icon libraries. Search engines just show up 'icons' for webpages(which are normally animated .gif's etc).

:

: Ice

: