Game development time

I'm trying to get an idea of how much time it takes to develop a video game from concept to publication. I'm interested in a Playstation quality type game.

Thanks,

Comments

• : I'm trying to get an idea of how much time it takes to develop a video game from concept to publication. I'm interested in a Playstation quality type game.

With what size project team, how much finiancial support? Those all contribute to game making.

I'd say a minimum of six months, not including conception and design.

-Xotor-

• PSX development will take around 12 months on the short side for a small game, while larger titles will take up to 18 months. But like Xotor says, it depends on the project size, team size, team experience, completeness of the game design, etc…

For a port the times would be reduced, but once again subject to the above considerations.

CyberDragon

: : I'm trying to get an idea of how much time it takes to develop a video game from concept to publication. I'm interested in a Playstation quality type game.
    :
    : With what size project team, how much finiancial support? Those all contribute to game making.
    :
    : I'd say a minimum of six months, not including conception and design.
    :
    : -Xotor-
    :
    :