How do you use sprite masks?

I've been trying to use sprite masks in a game for a while now and have had no success. I can't PUT the mask on the screen without getting an error message. All the normal tiles are displayed just fine. Please help me get past this frusterating block!

Comments

• hmmm...

How do you use that masks ? Whith PUT and GET I guess...
    If you use Qbasic 1.0 or 1.1 then look at the topic in the help.
    For every mask you have to build an array, where the sprite is stored. Which screen are you using ? Because the Array size variables with the screen mode. There is a formular to calculate the exact size of the array, where the data must be stored in the help topic of Qbasic -> Put or GET

• : hmmm...
    :
    : How do you use that masks ? Whith PUT and GET I guess...
    : If you use Qbasic 1.0 or 1.1 then look at the topic in the help.
    : For every mask you have to build an array, where the sprite is stored. Which screen are you using ? Because the Array size variables with the screen mode. There is a formular to calculate the exact size of the array, where the data must be stored in the help topic of Qbasic -> Put or GET
    :
    Thanks for replying.
    I have become familiar with GET and PUT. My problem is that I cannot PUT the mask on screen for some reason. Everytime I try I get an error. The sprite goes on fine but, of course, covers up whatever is in the background.
    I am using screen 13. What is the formula for calculating array size?

• : I've been trying to use sprite masks in a game for a while now and have had no success. I can't PUT the mask on the screen without getting an error message. All the normal tiles are displayed just fine. Please help me get past this frusterating block!
    :
    :
    :
    make sure you dont use something like put (16893476,396874360),d%
    instead, be within screen range. The lowest number for all screen ranges is 1. type screen and press F1 instead of enter for help.
  • : I've been trying to use sprite masks in a game for a while now and have had no success. I can't PUT the mask on the screen without getting an error message. All the normal tiles are displayed just fine. Please help me get past this frusterating block!
    :
    :
    :
    Hard to tell exactly what problem your are having.
    What error message are you getting?
    What line does the error occur on? (You can do a trace (put a breakpoint at the top of your prog, then F8 through it till you get the error).
    Try raising the Ubound of your array (you can worry about the exact formula later).
    Make sure your sprite will fit on the screen (PUTting off screen will give you an error).