Opening a word doc located on another server

Hello,

Any ideas on how to create a hyperlink that will kickoff a MS Word document that is located on another server? This other server is not a web server.

Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• : Hello,
    :
    : Any ideas on how to create a hyperlink that will kickoff a MS Word document that is located on another server? This other server is not a web server.
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    :
    : John
    :

How is the server connected, via LAN to the webserver or something else ?

• : : Hello,
    : :
    : : Any ideas on how to create a hyperlink that will kickoff a MS Word document that is located on another server? This other server is not a web server.
    : : Thanks in advance,
    : : John
    :
    : How is the server connected, via LAN to the webserver or something else ?
    :
    The server is connected to an internal network (LAN). I just need to kick off the word document when a
    hyperlink is clicked.

Thanks

• : : : Hello,
    : : :
    : : : Any ideas on how to create a hyperlink that will kickoff a MS Word document that is located on another server? This other server is not a web server.
    : : : Thanks in advance,
    : : : John
    : : How is the server connected, via LAN to the webserver or something else ?
    : The server is connected to an internal network (LAN). I just need to kick off the word document when a
    : hyperlink is clicked.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    I haven't gotten any replies yet, does this mean that this is not possible unless I use some other means
    such as scripting or a C program?

• Ok, Maybe (BIG maybe) you can make a shortcut to the document on the computer that is connected, and than make a link to that ShortCut.

(I tried dragging a shortcut to my internet explorer, and it opened the document, so it could work)

• : Ok, Maybe (BIG maybe) you can make a shortcut to the document on the computer that is connected, and than make a link to that ShortCut.
    :
    : (I tried dragging a shortcut to my internet explorer, and it opened the document, so it could work)
    :
    I have 150 different hyperlinks that will be returned by a query. I would like to not have to maintain 150 different short cuts.
    Thanks though.