Decompilers for Quck Basic 4.5 or PDS 7.10

I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy

Comments

• : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy

My friend has one for qbasic 4.5

I am trying to get hold of it. When I do I will either zip it and email it to you, or email you the URL

• :

: : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy

: My friend has one for qbasic 4.5

: I am trying to get hold of it. When I do I will either zip it and email it to you, or email you the URL

• : :

: : : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy

: : My friend has one for qbasic 4.5

: : I am trying to get hold of it. When I do I will either zip it and email it to you, or email you the URL

:

:

Help... Need a Little Help with This, if u have some time send me a copy to me too..

Thanxs...

• : : :
    : : : : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy
    :
    : : : My friend has one for qbasic 4.5
    : : : I am trying to get hold of it. When I do I will either zip it and email it to you, or email you the URL
    :
    : :
    :
    : Help... Need a Little Help with This, if u have some time send me a copy to me too..
    :
    :
    : Thanxs...
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Please send me a copy of the qbasic 4.5 decompiler, also. Thanks in advance

• Ok, when you make an exe with QB it first turns it all into asm (machine) code...then compiles it...It does NOT keep all the names of the subs, variables in the exe, they are meir adresses so a full on decompiler does not exist, the best you could probably get to would be code view, which gives you the asm source, and to all the people who actually believed the other dude that it existed, you suck!, and to the dude who said it existed, you suck even more!, your all newbies who think you kick ass, go learn some more, or c++ for that fact, qb will never get you anywhere....good ridence

• : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy
    :
    :

I did a search on NBCi for decompilers. I could not find a QuickBasic decompiler. I did find several references to C decompilers. I have not downloaded any yet. (I tried to download dcc, but ran into problems.) Here are the most promising sites.

http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
    http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/dcc.html
    http://www.kknd2.de/
    (The last site is in German(I think?) I don't read or speak German so I didn't make much sense of it. My search engine said it had a decompiler. I couldn't find it. I know there are german speakers on this message board. So maybe they might find it.)

Even if you find a C decompiler that will decompile EXEs that were compiled with QuickBasic, it should be a big help. I don't know if you can decompile QuickBasic EXEs to C. Heck! I'm not even sure that you can decompile anything (C or QB). If it works let me know.

• : Ok, when you make an exe with QB it first turns it all into asm (machine) code...then compiles it...It does NOT keep all the names of the subs, variables in the exe, they are meir adresses so a full on decompiler does not exist, the best you could probably get to would be code view, which gives you the asm source, and to all the people who actually believed the other dude that it existed, you suck!, and to the dude who said it existed, you suck even more!, your all newbies who think you kick ass, go learn some more, or c++ for that fact, qb will never get you anywhere....good ridence
    :

What's your problem?

• : Ok, when you make an exe with QB it first turns it all into asm (machine) code...then compiles it...It does NOT keep all the names of the subs, variables in the exe, they are meir adresses so a full on decompiler does not exist, the best you could probably get to would be code view, which gives you the asm source, and to all the people who actually believed the other dude that it existed, you suck!, and to the dude who said it existed, you suck even more!, your all newbies who think you kick ass, go learn some more, or c++ for that fact, qb will never get you anywhere....good ridence
    :
    I'd like to get my order in for one of those too. Yes sir, a good, general-purpose decompiler is what I need. I mean while we're at it, can I also get a nice perpetual-motion machine, an immortality pill, and the recipe for cold fusion?

• : : Ok, when you make an exe with QB it first turns it all into asm (machine) code...then compiles it...It does NOT keep all the names of the subs, variables in the exe, they are meir adresses so a full on decompiler does not exist, the best you could probably get to would be code view, which gives you the asm source, and to all the people who actually believed the other dude that it existed, you suck!, and to the dude who said it existed, you suck even more!, your all newbies who think you kick ass, go learn some more, or c++ for that fact, qb will never get you anywhere....good ridence
    : I'd like to get my order in for one of those too. Yes sir, a good, general-purpose decompiler is what I need. I mean while we're at it, can I also get a nice perpetual-motion machine, an immortality pill, and the recipe for cold fusion?
    :
    With everyone out there saying they had one, I was wondering if it really was possible.

I did find two C decompilers. I tried them both. They both suck!
    Even when I decompiled programs that I compiled with DJGPP, the decompiled code was full of spaghetti. I couldn't make much sense of it. None of the decompiled code would recompile with any of the 3 C compilers I use.

I had a wierd idea. I thought that if a decompiler really worked, I could decompile the decompiler to see how they did it. Ha! Fat chance!

If the C decompilers didn't work, I doubt that a QB decompiler will be any better. I learned my lesson.

• : : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy
    :
    : I did a search on NBCi for decompilers. I could not find a QuickBasic decompiler. I did find several references to C decompilers. I have not downloaded any yet. (I tried to download dcc, but ran into problems.) Here are the most promising sites.
    :
    : http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
    : http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/dcc.html
    : http://www.kknd2.de/
    : (The last site is in German(I think?) I don't read or speak German so I didn't make much sense of it. My search engine said it had a decompiler. I couldn't find it. I know there are german speakers on this message board. So maybe they might find it.)
    :
    : Even if you find a C decompiler that will decompile EXEs that were compiled with QuickBasic, it should be a big help. I don't know if you can decompile QuickBasic EXEs to C. Heck! I'm not even sure that you can decompile anything (C or QB). If it works let me know.
    :
    :
    :
    :

I speak German & couldn't find anything about a decompiler on the whole site. And when I clicked on the "Coder World" section of their page (in the Projects/Projekte section) I kept getting server errors.

I would assume if there was such things as "decompilers" (in the industry they call it reverse engineering), software manufacturers would all be broke. Imagine you could decompile Windows 2000! This is the reason why there is very few programs around with freely available source code (ie. they give you the source code with the software) - the Linux operating system is one of them.

• : : : I am looking for a decompiler I can use on old software that I have lost the source code for If any one can point me in the right direction I would be very happy
    : : :
    : : :
    : : I did a search on NBCi for decompilers. I could not find a QuickBasic decompiler. I did find several references to C decompilers. I have not downloaded any yet. (I tried to download dcc, but ran into problems.) Here are the most promising sites.
    : : http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
    : : http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/dcc.html
    : : http://www.kknd2.de/
    : : (The last site is in German(I think?) I don't read or speak German so I didn't make much sense of it. My search engine said it had a decompiler. I couldn't find it. I know there are german speakers on this message board. So maybe they might find it.)
    : : Even if you find a C decompiler that will decompile EXEs that were compiled with QuickBasic, it should be a big help. I don't know if you can decompile QuickBasic EXEs to C. Heck! I'm not even sure that you can decompile anything (C or QB). If it works let me know.
    :
    : I speak German & couldn't find anything about a decompiler on the whole site. And when I clicked on the "Coder World" section of their page (in the Projects/Projekte section) I kept getting server errors.
    :
    : I would assume if there was such things as "decompilers" (in the industry they call it reverse engineering), software manufacturers would all be broke. Imagine you could decompile Windows 2000! This is the reason why there is very few programs around with freely available source code (ie. they give you the source code with the software) - the Linux operating system is one of them.
    :

Thanks Alister,

I've given up on the decompiler. I had download two C "decompilers", but I couldn't get any of the decompiled code to recompile. I even tried with 3 different C compilers. Even when the original program was written in C!

With what I know, I was afraid that decompiling was not possible. If it is it would be compiler specific and the resulting code would be barely readable. I thought I'd give it a try though. I was thinking of decompiling the decompiler to see how they did it!