WHERE DO I GET VISUAL BASIC?

Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.

Comments

• Please tell me how you "get" a language.
    [size=1][b][grey]Cold[/grey][blue]Shine[/blue][/b][/size]

• : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    :
    Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.

• : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : :
    : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    :
    :

And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?

• : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : :
    : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    :
    : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    :
    :

Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.

• : : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : : :
    : : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    : : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    :
    : Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.
    :
    :

• : : : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : : : :
    : : : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    : : : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    : : Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.

Nothing wrong with registering your software. That way you can legally distibute your creations. If you ever want to make money at this, you'll need registered software. You guys should know this more than I.

where did that empty post come from?

• Looks as though it came from you, Not everyone is in it for the money, i can see your point though it takes money to make money, but what if someone just wants to have fun with it, or learn from it, you don't think they overcharge just a little? I think microsoft has taken enough of our money, although i do realize how many freebies they give away, that is a plus, and they don't have to do it.

: : : : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    : : : : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    : : : Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.
    :
    : Nothing wrong with registering your software. That way you can legally distibute your creations. If you ever want to make money at this, you'll need registered software. You guys should know this more than I.
    :
    : where did that empty post come from?
    :

• : Looks as though it came from you, Not everyone is in it for the money, i can see your point though it takes money to make money, but what if someone just wants to have fun with it, or learn from it, you don't think they overcharge just a little? I think microsoft has taken enough of our money, although i do realize how many freebies they give away, that is a plus, and they don't have to do it.
    :
    :
    I see your point. It would be nice if there was a shareware version.
    By the way. I'm not exactly a friend of big Bill's.

I had noticed that this looktwice guy had asked for pirated software on several diffent boards. I was wondering if he was a part of a sting.

• : : : : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : : : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    : : : : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    : : : Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.
    :
    : Nothing wrong with registering your software. That way you can legally distibute your creations. If you ever want to make money at this, you'll need registered software. You guys should know this more than I.
    :
    : where did that empty post come from?
    :

Just incase I was taken the wrong way I am totally with doing things the legal way. I definately wasn't calling being a friend of Microsoft or the Legal System bad. In other words i was trying to get across the point that I don't agree with this statement "And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?"

This world needs more of those people that do things the legal way. And I totally agree that he shouldn't be asking for illegal software. If it wasn't for that, I would have a couple of answers which might help him get a free copy legally (such as the Control Creation Edition), but I'm not going to do it when he's asking for illegal software.

• : : : : : : : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Man! Don't ask for illegal software! Not too smart! You've asked for pirated software on the QB board too. If you don't want to pay for the compilers, you need to look into freeware compilers. I can help you with that.
    : : : : : And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?
    : : : : Maybe he's a friend of Microsoft and the legal system. Microsoft wouldn't want their software pirated anymore than any of us would.
    : : Nothing wrong with registering your software. That way you can legally distibute your creations. If you ever want to make money at this, you'll need registered software. You guys should know this more than I.
    : : where did that empty post come from?
    :
    : Just incase I was taken the wrong way I am totally with doing things the legal way. I definately wasn't calling being a friend of Microsoft or the Legal System bad. In other words i was trying to get across the point that I don't agree with this statement "And you call yourself a friend? A friend of what? Monopolies'?"
    :
    : This world needs more of those people that do things the legal way. And I totally agree that he shouldn't be asking for illegal software. If it wasn't for that, I would have a couple of answers which might help him get a free copy legally (such as the Control Creation Edition), but I'm not going to do it when he's asking for illegal software.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    So instead of steering him in the right direction by telling him about the freeware, you are ignoring the fact that the illegal way is probaly the only way he knows of, and you are in a way adding to the illegal activity.

• : So instead of steering him in the right direction by telling him about the freeware, you are ignoring the fact that the illegal way is probaly the only way he knows of, and you are in a way adding to the illegal activity.
    :
    :

Where I am coming from is that if he's asking for pirated software, he's just as likely to copy the legal software and sell it illegally. You see which ever way I can't win.

Anyway I didn't think of it that way, and now I don't know which is better??????????? I'll have to go away and think about this one.

• : : So instead of steering him in the right direction by telling him about the freeware, you are ignoring the fact that the illegal way is probaly the only way he knows of, and you are in a way adding to the illegal activity.
    :
    : Where I am coming from is that if he's asking for pirated software, he's just as likely to copy the legal software and sell it illegally. You see which ever way I can't win.
    :
    : Anyway I didn't think of it that way, and now I don't know which is better??????????? I'll have to go away and think about this one.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    I think they should make a freeware or cheap copy for the bank account impaired that would still compile but maybe with a spash screen so it couldn't be sold and you wouldn't be able to make stealth viri with.I could buy a desent computer for the cost of a copy of vb.

• : Can someone tell me where i can get visual basic (preferably the latest version) for free? I don't care if it is pirated or whatever. I'd just want the software. Please post the location of this program for me.
    :
    OK it's not VB, but it looks to heck like it. I'm more familiar with VBScript than VB, so the differences aren't right away appearant, and I just installed it yesterday.

It's called Envelop Engine and I found it at this site: http://www.compilers.net
    It's in the free compiler/basic section.

These messages got me to searching and thats the best clone I've seen so far.

If anyone's familiar with it let me know what the dif is.

• : : : So instead of steering him in the right direction by telling him about the freeware, you are ignoring the fact that the illegal way is probaly the only way he knows of, and you are in a way adding to the illegal activity.
    : : Where I am coming from is that if he's asking for pirated software, he's just as likely to copy the legal software and sell it illegally. You see which ever way I can't win.
    : : Anyway I didn't think of it that way, and now I don't know which is better??????????? I'll have to go away and think about this one.
    : I think they should make a freeware or cheap copy for the bank account impaired that would still compile but maybe with a spash screen so it couldn't be sold and you wouldn't be able to make stealth viri with.I could buy a desent computer for the cost of a copy of vb.
    :

Something that is good enough to learn with, but not make an app to distribute.

Anyway, I'll post where he can get the Controls Creation Edition from. I figure that If I don't tell him he's probably going to end up with a illegal copy, and will still be able to sell it illegally anyway. I may as well at least help him to get it legally, and hope it is not his intention to sell it illegally. Although I don't think he'd make very much out of it. It can't create exe files.

You can get a copy of the Control Creation Edition for free at the Microsoft Web site. http://www.microsoft.com. It is a little difficult to find, so I'll have to let you find it on the site, as I've forgotten the exact location.

It can create ocx files, but can't create exe files.

I definitely don't agree with asking for pirated software, and as a result wasn't going to post to this. But as DennisC made a good point, I am posting so that you at least end up with a legal copy.