Color Modes??

Greetings, Board.

I can get my computer into True Color mode(640x480x16M) just fine. My trouble comes in when I try to plot a pixel. How would I go about plotting a single pixel, but instead of using a color number, use the RGB values? I have no clue if this is possible, and I couldn't find any tutorials on it, or any help, so this board is my best bet.

Thanks!

Comments

• NT = No Text, also denoted by putting an * at the beginning of the message.

• I'd actually visit the Games board or the Graphics board. For the most part this involves assembly or using a library. You can try Allegro if you're using DJGPP, it does all that for you.

http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/

-Xotor-

: I can get my computer into True Color mode(640x480x16M) just fine. My trouble comes in when I try to plot a pixel. How would I go about plotting a single pixel, but instead of using a color number, use the RGB values? I have no clue if this is possible, and I couldn't find any tutorials on it, or any help, so this board is my best bet.

: Thanks!

• I will try that board then, Xotor. Thank you.

I'm actually trying to go Allegro-Independant. For some reason, I really suck at using the development environment, and any programs I try to build, even one so simple as the Hello World! program, seems to crash the compiler, so while I get my ideas from Allegro(Like changing color palettes), I port them into my own GFX library that I am working on. Besides, I already use Assembly, for speed reasons, and it would make a nice addition to my library, and knowledge of ASM code.

• : I will try that board then, Xotor. Thank you.

: I'm actually trying to go Allegro-Independant. For some reason, I really suck at using the development environment, and any programs I try to build, even one so simple as the Hello World! program, seems to crash the compiler, so while I get my ideas from Allegro(Like changing color palettes), I port them into my own GFX library that I am working on. Besides, I already use Assembly, for speed reasons, and it would make a nice addition to my library, and knowledge of ASM code.

You could try using it for VC++ or Linux? I like to think of Allegro as a platform. When you do your own routines in assembly you have to do them over again to port them to other systems. DJGPP has never given me any trouble with Allegro.

-Xotor-