HELP! Price is not a problem!!!

Hello everybody...this is my first time here. I'm really hoping someone could help me out.

First off, I'll tell you that I'm not quite afraid of programming, but the whole process is just a little too lengthy for me...I don't have as much patience that I think is necessary for this.

What I need is something in which I could create programs with the following features:

1) The ability to take a user's input & place it on a seperate page (I'll call it the product page) which has settings like font, size, color that I specify in the programming itself.

2) On the product page, I'd also like the user to be able to choose options for the layout of the product page (that I provide in the program through some sort of database) like border pics, different clipart, etc.

3) I'd need to another feature that take's input & adds to it on the product page, from the programs database. (i.e. the user enters "cat" & on the product page, it takes info from my database & prints out "cat : a furry little domestic animal with 4 legs")

4) OK...now after all of that is done, I'd like to give the user an option to print out the product page, completely formatted & everything to standards that both the program & the user supplies...combined & non-conflicting of course. I don't any other info about the file to be on the printout, just the exact product page.

Now, I know that this could all be done IF I knew all of these programming languages & such, but here's the kicker...I really don't have the patience & time to learn all of this! Call me a brat, lazy, or what you will, but I'm looking for an easier way to do all of this WITHOUT going to school for programming or hiring out.

Is there any software out there that makes programming an easier process??? I've been looking & looking & am just getting bogged down with everything. I'm not afraid of learning SIMPLE coding, but I just don't know what all is out there for me that could fit my needs (or if there is anything at all!)

The price of a program that you think could help me is not an issue...I'll pay practically anything for software like this. I just need something easy!

If you know of ANY PROGRAM that you think would do the trick for me, PLEASE email me or post it here. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sorry if I sound completely out of my mind...just call me a bit confused if you'd like to be nice ;c)

Thanks a bunch...ahead of time!

Chrissy

Comments

• : Hello everybody...this is my first time here. I'm really hoping someone could help me out.
    :
    : First off, I'll tell you that I'm not quite afraid of programming, but the whole process is just a little too lengthy for me...I don't have as much patience that I think is necessary for this.
    :
    : What I need is something in which I could create programs with the following features:
    :
    : 1) The ability to take a user's input & place it on a seperate page (I'll call it the product page) which has settings like font, size, color that I specify in the programming itself.
    :
    : 2) On the product page, I'd also like the user to be able to choose options for the layout of the product page (that I provide in the program through some sort of database) like border pics, different clipart, etc.
    :
    : 3) I'd need to another feature that take's input & adds to it on the product page, from the programs database. (i.e. the user enters "cat" & on the product page, it takes info from my database & prints out "cat : a furry little domestic animal with 4 legs")
    :
    : 4) OK...now after all of that is done, I'd like to give the user an option to print out the product page, completely formatted & everything to standards that both the program & the user supplies...combined & non-conflicting of course. I don't any other info about the file to be on the printout, just the exact product page.
    :
    : Now, I know that this could all be done IF I knew all of these programming languages & such, but here's the kicker...I really don't have the patience & time to learn all of this! Call me a brat, lazy, or what you will, but I'm looking for an easier way to do all of this WITHOUT going to school for programming or hiring out.
    :
    : Is there any software out there that makes programming an easier process??? I've been looking & looking & am just getting bogged down with everything. I'm not afraid of learning SIMPLE coding, but I just don't know what all is out there for me that could fit my needs (or if there is anything at all!)
    :
    : The price of a program that you think could help me is not an issue...I'll pay practically anything for software like this. I just need something easy!
    :
    : If you know of ANY PROGRAM that you think would do the trick for me, PLEASE email me or post it here. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!
    :
    : Sorry if I sound completely out of my mind...just call me a bit confused if you'd like to be nice ;c)
    :
    : Thanks a bunch...ahead of time!
    :
    : Chrissy
    :

You might start with some Rapid Application Development.
    There are few programs that might help

1. Visual Basic - one of easiest
    2. Borland Delphi - this one is really for you

But remember that you still has to write some code, but you don't have to know all about these templates, classes, overloaded operators and such.
    You will be able to design user interface easy.
    Anyway I suggest getting good book for one of these and spend some time learning. You won't get away from programming, but with Delphi or VB it's far less complicated than with any other programming language.

Take care.

• : You might start with some Rapid Application Development.
    : There are few programs that might help
    :
    : 1. Visual Basic - one of easiest
    : 2. Borland Delphi - this one is really for you
    :
    : But remember that you still has to write some code, but you don't have to know all about these templates, classes, overloaded operators and such.
    : You will be able to design user interface easy.
    : Anyway I suggest getting good book for one of these and spend some time learning. You won't get away from programming, but with Delphi or VB it's far less complicated than with any other programming language.
    :
    : Take care.
    :
    :

Thanks for the advice. It's only been about a month since I posted the message & I'm almost finished with the framework of my project! I've found this great little program that's just what I need...minus the database...but there's a workaround for that. It's a very powerful & cheap program called Multimedia Builder (MMB) at http://www.mediachance.com. There is some scripting involved, but it's been very easy to learn. I also DID get VB & it's on the backburner if I run into any problems. It's neat because I can make plugins for MMB with VB (when I learn to use the SDK). Well, that's it for now...I'm gonna to go & work on the program, just thought I'd let everyone know how it's going. Thanks again for the advice!

Chrissy