talking to the uP

U C ,I know about asembly coding,h/w interfacing and all.I also know how to build the circuit but not yet built one.I have even made a software using VC++ to communicate via serial port.All this is fine.The problem is I donot know how exectly should I send the code to the microprocessor.Should I send it line by line or the .com file or what.I use 8085 (I suppose that dosent matter).If i want to send the machine code itself,should I send it an char or int?

Somebody please help me .I am desperate.My address is
mikkiddu@rediffmail.com

I have posted this message in other relevant categories too.

Comments

• : U C ,I know about asembly coding,h/w interfacing and all.I also know how to build the circuit but not yet built one.I have even made a software using VC++ to communicate via serial port.All this is fine.The problem is I donot know how exectly should I send the code to the microprocessor.Should I send it line by line or the .com file or what.I use 8085 (I suppose that dosent matter).If i want to send the machine code itself,should I send it an char or int?
    :
    : Somebody please help me .I am desperate.My address is
    : mikkiddu@rediffmail.com
    :
    : I have posted this message in other relevant categories too.
    :

Ive never programmed the 8085 before, but if its like most other micros there should be a bootstrap mode you can put it in (usually by making vertain pins high or low) that will allow you to download the code from the PC via a serial link to the micro. It should be documented in the reference manual for the chip. Search Intels developer site if you havnt got the manual. Also do a search for some free software that can download your code, theres bound to be some for a chip as common as the 8085. You can probably also find C compilers if you want to program in C in the future.

• Thank you Mr.Ed.
    Your reply helped but I needed to know more.So i posted in other categories too.
    Thanks once again.